Chapter Sixty

Katniss POV- (Later that day, about 8pm)

"I'm freezing." I complain to Peeta, just as I've been doing since noon when the power went out.

"Just try to relax. We have the fire and a lot of blankets. I know it's cold but just try to relax." Peeta says, I can tell he's just as miserable as me but still.

I put my cold hands in his and he canopies his big warm hands in mine, blowing warm air onto them with his mouth and rubbing them warm.

I close my eyes and lean my forehead against his chest as he rubs my back softly.

"It's really cold." I complain again, not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah, it is. You'd think that 8 hours has been long enough to get the power back on." He says.

"Good thing we got the Christmas stuff up before this." I say.

He laughs a little tiredly, "Yeah but I guess since the power is still not on and we have fifty blankets, a fire and we are still freezing, I guess we will just have to cuddle."

I laugh, "Can you scoot the couch a little closer to the fire place?"

Peeta chuckles, "Oh you can't sleep on the floor now?" He teases me.

"No, but you can." I laugh and playfully push him.

"How are we gonna fit?" He jokes.

"Ha ha, Peeta." I roll my eyes and stand up with his steady hands helping me.

He moves the couch to wear it's a little closer to the fireplace, even though the window right next to us and the front door just a few feet behind, helps nothing but it's all we have.

"How do you want to lay?" Peeta asks me.

I shrug, "I can't lay on my stomach and I can't really lay next to you." I groan.

"How about we try it like normal?" He sighs.

"Fine. It's worth a shot." I say and he lays down.

He scoots as far as he can into the back of the couch and helps me lay down next to him, we sort of manage.

"You'd think they would have this fixed by now." I roll my eyes.

"The roads are terrible, Katniss."

"But still." I complain.

He sighs deeply and wraps his arms protectively around my belly, she moves a little bit.

I've noticed she's not as active this time of day/night.

"Are you okay?" Peeta asks me, concerned.

He's asked me that about 100 times since the power has gone out. I know he's worried and I am a little too but she's still acting normal and it's not like I'm being frozen to death but it's still really really cold. I'm getting annoyed at it too.

"Yeah, just cold." I mumble to him, laying my head on his arm, staring right into the bright flame of the fire.

He rubs my belly slowly, in little circular motions.

"I love this." Peeta says softly.

I take a deep breath, "What do you mean? The fact that we are freezing or what?" I laugh a little.

"No. Not that. Just relaxing with you, just not under these circumstances, you know what I mean?" He asks.

I smile to myself, "I know what you mean. I like it too."