Chapter Thirty-Two

Katniss POV- (A week later)

(At a diner with Clove, Glimmer, Johanna, and Madge)

"Katniss, congratulations!" Glimmer squeals.

I smile, "Thank you." I say as she hugs me.

"Your baby bump is so cute!" She cheers, trying to touch it.

I push her hand away slowly, not trying to be rude but I being toughed any.

I chuckle, "Thanks." I say, giving her a awkward look.

"Lover Boy finally knocked you up, did he?" Johanna says, nudging me with her elbow and smiles genuinely.

I smile back and we all sit down.

"Get whatever you want. I'm buying." Glimmer says, looking at the menu.

I decide to go with a sandwich and some chips, trying not to overdo it here, even though I am craving half the stuff on the menu.

The waiter comes and takes our orders while we all chat.

Of course, I am the center topic.

"I can't believe you're going to be a mom, Kat." Clove smiles.

I smile and nod awkwardly.

"So, have you picked out a name?" She asks.

I nod.

"Oh, please tell us?" Glimmer and Clove squeal, Madge gives me a pleading look.

"I would but Peeta and I are still discussing if we are going to say before or after she's born."

"Come on, Katniss." Johanna says, rolling her eyes.

I groan, "No."

"Really? I bet you already told Bristol." Johanna shoots.

I roll my eyes, trying to have a good time but I'm feeling so attacked.

"No, I can call Peeta and we can quickly discuss it and then I'll let you all know if we agree."

"Fine."

"Okay, do that!"

"Please?"

They all urge.

I sigh deeply, looking at all their puppy-dog faces and then there's Johanna.

"I'll be right back." I say, standing up and going to the bathroom, partly because I need to pee again.

I get into the bathroom and dial his number.

(On the phone with Peeta)

"Hey." He answers.

"Hey, I need to discuss something with you. I think we already did but I can't remember."

He chuckles a little, "Okay, what is it?"

"They want to know the baby's name. Did we decide we wanted to tell people now or wait."

"It's up to you. I haven't told anyone yet but whatever you want."

I sigh, puffing my cheeks out.

"Well, we told them the gender so should we wait?"

He laughs, "I really don't care what we do, Katniss."

I groan, "You're so much help."

"I try."

I smile and let out a little laugh.

"I hate this." I mumble.

"Hate what?" Peeta asks, maybe hurt.

"I hate being the center of attention and what everyone is talking about." I groan.

"It's okay, it's for a good reason. Just don't let them bully you into telling them, if you don't want to tell them then don't."

I sigh, "I don't know what I want but it's bound to slip sometime, so should I just go ahead?"

"I don't know." Peeta says.

"Peeta!" I whine with a whiney laugh.

Peeta laughs, "I'm sorry, I just want you to do what you want."

I sigh, "Fine."

"Well, you go have a nice rest of the day. Carter and I are perfectly fine here."

"I want to go home already."

"You go eat your food and maybe then they will all be ready to go. If not you know Johanna will be soon enough."

I sigh, "Fine."

"I love you."

I smile and close my eyes, "I love you too." I mutter into the phone.

"I'll see you later."

"Okay, bye." I say.

"Bye, sweetie." He says sweetly and we hang up.

I empty my bladder and wash my hands quickly and go back out to the girls who have already started eating.

I sit back down and I feel 4 pairs of eyes on me. Slowly, I bring my eyes up, then my head and look at them.

"What'd he say?"

I sigh, just tell them.

"He said he didn't care but I know it's gonna slip from me or him eventually so I will just tell you guys."

They all smile, even Johanna.

"Her name is going to be Willow." I reveal to them.

"Oh my goodness! I love it!" Glimmer squeals.

I just stare at them with a kind of sick look as they all cheer and squeal, telling me how cute her name is or how it fits the plant thing my mom had going on.

Johanna smiles, "I like it."

"Thank you." I say looking down at my food.

"Little baby Willow Mellark." Clove grins.

I can't help but smile too.

I love these girls, even though they can be a bit much.

'Willow Mellark.' I repeat in my head, over and over just now realizing how right it sounds.

Mellark.

"But you can't tell Finnick." I tell them all and they laugh, agreeing not to-no questions asked.