Chapter Sixty-Nine

Katniss POV- (About 6am)

"Peeta? Please, wake up?" I cry out, bawling hysterically.

He jolts awake, turning to me, "Katniss, what's wrong? Is it the baby?" He asks me frantically.

I nod my head and grit my teeth as pain shoots through my lower abdomen and back, it feels tight, like someone wrapped a belt around my stomach.

It started about 3 this morning but it's just gotten worse since then.

I've tried sleeping too and walking around but nothing helps.

"It's really bad cramps and tightness in my stomach." I tell him hysterically.

"Do you need to go to the hospital or you think it's like a false labor thing?" He asks, jumping up and flipping the lights on.

"I don't know. It's just gotten worse since it started, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry about getting so angry." I cry guiltily.

Peeta frowns and pulls the covers off of me, "It's okay, it doesn't matter. Can you sit up for me?" He asks, all out of breath.

I nod and he helps pull me up into a sitting position, which makes breathing harder.

It feels like I'm popping, like my stomach is going to pop.

Willow is still moving but I'm really worried about her.

"Do you think it's early labor?"

I nod my head, "If it's not that then I don't know what it is." I cry into his chest.

I pull him close to me and grit my teeth as the cramp kind of subsides.

"Oh my goodness. Are you sure that you're okay?" He asks worriedly, pushing some hair out of my eyes.

I close my eyes, "Yeah, just call the hospital or see if Dr. Coles will answer her home phone. Her card on the fridge, please just hurry." I beg him.

I'm so scared something is wrong or she's already coming.

He runs out of our bedroom and rushes downstairs, reappearing just seconds later, all out of breath.

"Are you okay?"

I sigh deeply, "Just please call her, Peeta. I'm really scared." I tell him.

I'm faced with the fact that I might have her early which is NOT safe for her.

She won't be able to breathe good or eat and could have so many problems if she even survives at all.

Peeta shakily picks up the phone and dials the number.

"I'm sorry to bug you. This is Peeta Mellark. Katniss is kind of having complications. Please, just talk to her." He says, breaking down.

He hands me the phone and I hold it to my ear as Peeta kneels down in front of me, putting his hands firmly on my belly.

(On the phone with Doctor Coles)

"Katniss, sweetie. What's going on?" She asks calmly.

"I think I'm in labor but I don't know." I cry into the phone.

"You think you're in preterm labor?"

"Yes." I cry.

"Okay, can you tell me what you're experiencing?"

"I-I-I've been having abdominal pain since about 3 this morning. It's gotten worse. It feels like she's all stretched out in there and it hurts so bad." I cry, barely choking it out.