Chapter Fifty-Six

Peeta POV- (A few hours later)

"Katniss, you're belly is so big!" Glimmer squeals, patting Katniss's stomach.

I can imagine her face now at all the attention she's getting. I can tell from behind, that she's not enjoying it.

Everyone has shown up besides Madge and Gale but I'm not sure why.

I thought it was okay between us but that can't be why they aren't here.

"Cute." Marvel teases Katniss and she rolls her eyes and playfully shoves him.

She closes the door and that makes every one but Gale and Madge.

"I can't believe two of us have kids or are having them." Clove says.

Everyone agrees.

"It was seriously like two Thankgivings ago now that we would all be together all the time and play games and do stupid teenage stuff." She shrugs.

"Well, that's what tonight is for. Old times." I suggest, knowing that's what everyone would like to do, because there is so much to talk about and none of us really want to act like adults.

At least for a few hours.

"Candy Land!" Finnick squeals, jumping up to where we keep the board games in our house and grabs it.

Everyone is at a standstill and I just laugh.

"Finnick, don't you think you and me are a little too grown up to be playing that game?"

"No. Why?"

He laughs, "Being that you're a father and I will be soon. Everyone else could play it, sure." I tease him.

Katniss POV-

"What about Bristol and Annie and Katniss?" Finnick asks Peeta.

"I don't think it would be appropriate for them either." Peeta teases him.

Finnick's face drops and he looks about the room to where Carter and Finn are playing on the floor.

"Finn, come on. Daddy needs you to play with him." He says, walking over and grabbing up Finn.

Carter looks at him like he's crazy, which he is.

Finnick walks over and sits back down, Finn on his lap.

"How about them apples?" He asks Peeta snuggly.

Everyone scoffs.

"Hey, no fair. My baby isn't here yet-I wanna play too!" Peeta whines.

I laugh and roll my eyes.

"Nope, that's just how it's got to be, Peeta. I'm sorry. You're too grown up and Willow isn't here yet." Finnick says.

"Go get Carter." I tell Peeta and everyone laughs.

Peeta rushes over to Carter, she looks up at him and crawls closer, grabbing onto his legs and she stands.

"Yay!" Everyone cheers when she does this.

None of us have seen her crawl and lift herself up like that before, not even Bristol.

Peeta picks her up and she smiles widely, giggling excitedly at the attention. He plants a kiss on her forehead and walks back over to us.

I am so excited for him to be a dad.

I know it's going to be the best thing either of us have ever experienced.

"Good job, Carter." I say as he sits back down next to us.