Chapter Thirty-One

Katniss POV- (A few days later)

(On the phone with Finnick)

"Katniss Everdeen Mellark."

"Finnick..." I say slowly.

"My Peetie-Pie got you pregnant?" He asks excitedly.

I chuckle, "Yes, he did."

"I can't believe this, Kitty Kat!" Finnick squeals.

I laugh at him, "Yeah, I couldn't either but I'm really really happy."

"How is Peeta feeling about it?"

I take a deep breath, "He's really excited. After his family died, I didn't know if we would ever get back to the way it was before but when I found out I was pregnant, he snapped back to normal." I lie.

Actually, it went a little something like 'I told him I wanted a baby, he told me 'no' so I went to the doctor without him and found out I was actually already pregnant and Peeta wasn't there because he was out getting drunk. When he came back, I told him and he acted like it didn't matter and the next morning, we finally made up and it's been fabulous ever since.'

"That's good, Katniss. That's really good." He says happily.

"Yeah, I'm feeling really ready. It's not that bad either. Peeta is so so happy too, you were right Finnick."

"What?" He laughs.

"I said you were right. I never thought you were wrong about how happy he would be but I will give you that much." I say.

"Wow."

"Shut up." I chuckle, "Does Annie know?"

He sighs, "No, she's asleep but I couldn't wait to open it."

I roll my eyes, "You're gonna get yourself in trouble."

"Oh well. So a baby girl, huh?"

"Yes. Peeta hopes she's going to be just like me."

"Well, I wouldn't hope she's exactly like you were as a child but I'm sure she will be just as pretty. Even more so since my Peetie is the father."

"You're so weird. If you wanted Peeta, you should've just told me before I fell in love with him, Finnick."

"Annie is a dime so I thought I would let you have the quarter."

"Oh, Peeta is a quarter, huh?"

Finnick laughs, "But don't tell Annie. Do you and Peeta have a name picked out?"

I snort, "Yeah but I'm not telling you."

"Katniss!"

"Absolutely not."

"But why?"

I laugh, "You know exactly why. You and Annie kept your marriage from us, her pregnancy then the gender and his name. I have already told you the gender and that I'm pregnant. That's more than you did for me." I tease him.

"But Katniss-"

"But nothing. I'm not telling anyone her name. At least not for awhile."

"I'll get it out of Peeta then."

I scoff, "Good luck. He's not going to tell you either."

"I bet he will."

"Nope. He's under strict instructions not to tell anyone, especially you."

"Why especially me? I didn't do anything. Is it really because I didn't tell you about all of that other stuff?"

"No but it's really because I've finally found the perfect payback for you after you jumped on me in my sleep."