Chapter Fifty-Seven

Katniss POV-

"I'll see y'all soon." Bristol says at the door.

Everyone else left a few minutes ago.

I look back at Peeta and he nods.

"I'll go out and help you." I suggest.

She gives me a weird look and shrugs.

I walk out with her and walk to the car as she straps Carter into the car.

"So, why didn't you want to play games tonight?" I ask.

She sighs, "I just like watching everyone. I didn't want to play."

I sigh, "What's wrong? You've been pretty quiet today."

She shrugs, "Nothing."

I give her a look.

"I'm serious."

My eyes widen, "Then why are you acting like something is wrong? Come on, you know you can tell me anything."

She sighs, "I found out today from my lawyer that Brandon was cheating on me."

"Seriously?" I ask, feeling more hatred for him than before.

"Yeah, I got a call a few days back from her too. This woman was begging me to never make contact with him again and that she just had his baby and they were going to get married soon."

My heart breaks for her, "How long ago?"

"The baby was born about two or three weeks after Carter."

"We're you guys even together at the time he got this girl pregnant?"

"Yes."

"I'm so sorry." I say, my heart aching for her.

I can't imagine.

She shrugs, "I'm better off without him but it still hurts. He got two girls pregnant, within just a few weeks of each other then married me and we divorced and now is marrying someone else." Bristol says.

"What an asshole."

"I just feel bad because she's probably going to experience similar things to what I faced."

"She's the one that told you not to contact him and she's marrying him soon. She probably knows what she's getting into." I groan.

Bristol sighs, "You're probably right. I just need to focus on Carter."

"I can't believe he did that." I say angrily.

"I wish that I couldn't but I can." She scoffs, tears streaming down her cheeks.

I reach over and pull her into a hug, knowing she needs it and not feeling bad about needing one myself.

She's been very helpful this last year, especially after Peeta left a few weeks ago.

I don't know what I would've done without her here.

"It's okay to be upset, Bristol." I tell her truthfully.

"It just hurts a lot because I loved him so much and he supposedly loved me too. Then, all of that stuff happened and I finally felt a lot better about it all until that girl called me."

"The good thing is that you won't ever have to see him again anyways. Since he gave his rights up to Carter." I remind her.

"I know but then tonight, when she crawled over and stood up with Peeta, I feel bad because Peeta's gonna be the only father figure in her life. She's not going to know she has a dad and that she has a brother and probably other brothers and sisters too if we're being honest." Bristol says.

Finding the Missing Piece: Book 4On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara