Chapter Thirty-Seven

Katniss POV-

"Hey, Kat." Bristol greets me at the door.

I smile a little, "Hey." I say and she pulls me in.

"I love this place so much, it's so homey." Bristol says as we walk straight into the living room and sitting down on the couch.

"I thought so too. I love that you are the one who moved in here too."

She smiles, "So, are you sure you're okay?"

I sigh, "Yeah, it's just that when my mom moved, she left my sister's room perfectly intact. Now, Peeta and I need the space so I'm having him move around the rooms and get her stuff out of there."

Bristol frowns, "I'm sorry, sweetie."

I shrug, "It's fine. It's just crazy because I don't understand why my mom didn't empty her room."

"I'm sure she didn't empty the room because it was too hard."

"Yeah and she was probably going to sell her house and make it whoever's problem until we showed up and needed a place to live." I tell her.

"Any luck with her?"

"No." I say.

"You should really call her."

"We have but she still doesn't want to see us." I say, rolling my eyes.

"I mean you, need to call her. Not have Peeta do it."

"But I'm mad at her. She's being ridiculous."

"Kat, I bet she has a reason she's acting like that."

"Even if she does have a 'good' excuse, I don't care. That doesn't mean she couldn't have called on my birthday and the one time she calls first she calls Peeta's phone and it was because we decided to tell her we are pregnant." I rant.

"I don't know what to say, Katniss. I know where you're coming from but I also think she has a logical reason but I think if my mom did that, I would probably do what you're doing so I don't know."

"Yeah, neither do I." I shrug.

"Well, you'll figure it all out soon."

I shrug, "I guess."

She gives me a sad smile.

"I picked out everything Carter didn't ruin or grew out of." Bristol says, gathering a few boxes off of the ground next to her.

I take a box and skim through, seeing a bunch of almost brand new clothes and a few brand new things in a box.

"Gosh." I laugh a little.

"Yeah, she didn't get to even where some of it because she was growing so quickly. I found a few packages of diapers she grew out of before we could use them too."

I smile, "Thank you." I tell her graciously.

"No problem."

"Where is that little girl anyways?" I say, looking around.

"She's napping." Bristol chuckles.

I nod.

"I'm so excited for you and Peeta, Kat."

I smile genuinely.

"Ever since I found out, I've just felt so happy, even if it's been rough here and there. I just wish I could've gotten pregnant sooner. She would've been here quicker and I honestly think Peeta wouldn't have gotten as bad as he did."