Chapter Eighty-Six

Katniss POV- (January 4th)

"You've done fabulous, keep it up and don't let your head get too big. But just keep doing what you're doing because you both are looking good." Dr. Coles says, giving Peeta and I a stern look.

I nod my head and Peeta pays for the visit.

We meet outside and he pulls me into a hug and kisses me on the forehead.

"Can I please drive?" I ask Peeta in hopes.

It's not like it'll hurt anything an Dr. Coles just told me at my appointment everything seemed to be back to normal for the most part. I'm still dilated but nothing's changed. I haven't driven and I don't see how it could hurt anything.

He sighs, "Fine, I need to go to the store though."

He pushes the keys into my hand and goes around to the passenger side. I get in and find it much harder to drive with my belly much bigger than a few weeks back.

"You alright?" Peeta asks, kind of concerned.

I laugh a little, "Yeah, I just think it's cute my belly is making it difficult to do things." I tell him truthfully.

He smiles, "You know I'm really proud of you but it's still not going to change anything and I am just letting you drive because I don't see a reason you couldn't." He says.

I shrug and start the car, "That is fine as long as I am with you."

Peeta smiles, "How sweet." He says sarcastically with a laugh.

I shrug and leave the obstetricians office, driving the few minutes to the market.

When we get there, it's packed so I tell him to get out while I find a parking spot. I drive around in the parking lot until I find the perfect one but it's in between two cars and a pole, but it's the only spot left so I go for it.

Another car comes quickly whipping behind me, almost hitting the back of the car so I pull forward without really thinking. I'm thrown forward when I hit the pole, my seatbelt tightening around my big belly. My adrenaline pumps and I bring my hands to my head, awful choking noises making appearances in the back of my throat.

"Oh my goodness! Oh, Peeta is going to kill me!" I cry, breathing heavily.

I come to my senses and immediately back away, going to an empty part of the parking lot.

I start to hyperventilate and cry.

My first and only thought is that he is going to kill me.

Peeta might literally kill me.

I jump out and examine the damage, there's a huge dent and paint is scraped up pretty bad.

I put my hands on my belly and feel around.

Willow seems to be perfectly fine, still moving just as much as she did before this but I'm worried sick.

"I hope you're okay, baby. I'm so sorry." I cry.

Peeta is going to be so mad at me but the only thing I'm worried about is that I hurt her.

I begin crying and I can't help it.

"Oh my gosh." I mumble to myself, trying to stay as calm as possible but pretty much failing.

I decide to go in and find Peeta to explain what happened.

I waddle my way into the store and I look around, checking the first few aisles of the large, crowded store, crying my eyes out and calling for him.