Chapter Ninety-Nine

Katniss POV-

I don't even care that it's a nasty, gooey and bloody mess and Peeta doesn't seem to care either, he has that nervous look on his face.

The same look he wore when he first asked me to be his girlfriend or to marry him. The one he wore on our wedding day.

"Now." Dr. Coles says and I push hard, holding my breath as I feel Peeta grab her and an immense pressure being released off my lower body, but still painful to say the least.

They clear her nose and throat as Peeta holds her up so I can see.

I lose it when I see her and he sets her carefully on my chest.

Her first cry is so indescribably beautiful, I can't even speak, my breath has been taken away by her, Peeta's too.

"Katniss, she's so beautiful." Peeta cries, hovering over me as I examine her the best that I can, tears dripping down both of our cheeks.

The nurses wipe her down a bit as she screams and cries loudly, sounding like music to my ears.

"Thank you so much for her, Katniss." Peeta kisses my lips as he sniffles. He's shaking uncontrollably and crying just like I am.

Dr. Coles helps a shaky Peeta clamp and cut the umbilical cord.

"You're officially a mommy." Dr. Coles tells me.

I smile a little but I just can't quit looking at her.

Peeta Mellark and I are parents.

We have a daughter.

Willow Mellark is finally here.

"Katniss, we will let you guys get all cleaned up and in a bit we will get you started breastfeeding." Dr. Coles says.

I stare at her before they take her off of my chest to weigh her and measure her at my bedside.

"Peeta." I say, that's all I can say because I don't know what else to say.

He stares admiringly at me and presses a kiss to my lips, hugging me the best he can.

"She's so perfect, Katniss. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." He repeatedly says, kissing my cheek as we both focus in on what's happening by my beside.

The nurses make me deliver a few other things that were inside but I don't pay attention to what's happening, I just watch them handle her.

She's still wailing at the top of her lungs, her face dark pink. She's so tiny for as big as she's suppose to be and she still has a white film all over her body but she's still so beautiful.

"She's 8 pounds, 3 ounces. 17 3/4 inches long." The nurse weighing and measuring inform us.

"Do you two have a name picked out for her?" Another nurse asks as they stamp her tiny feet onto a page, which is her birth certificate. They give her a few shots which hurts me and Peeta to watch more than it probably hurts her in all reality.

I glance at him and he nods.

"Willow." Peeta tells them proudly.

She smiles, "Willow Mellark?"

We both nod our heads.

"No middle name?"

We shake our heads 'no' and they hand her tiny body to Peeta.

She's in a diaper and a hat, she's still screaming.

He's never looked so happy in his life, I swear it.