Chapter Forty-Two

Katniss POV- (The next morning about 10am)

"Good morning, Finn." I say, picking him up out of his crib. He stretches a little and I hold him, his head in my shoulder.

"Oh, hey. I was just coming to get him." Peeta says coming into Finn's bedroom.

I sigh, "It's fine. Let's go get breakfast because I am starving."

He laughs, "Do you wanna go out?"

"Did we go out last night?" I ask.

"Yes..." Peeta says.

"Okay, I still don't want to eat their food. That's rude."

He sighs, "We're also watching their child."

"So?" I shoot at him.

"They literally bought food for us. Actually, never mind. Let's go. I'll take him while you get dressed." He says, walking further into the room.

"No, I want to do it." I say, walking away from him.

He sighs and walks out of the room. I roll my eyes and walk to his closest, I pick some clothes out.

I place him on the changing table and he wobbles around and grabs at my hair and mumbles things while I quickly dress him and change his diaper.

He takes a hold of my hair and pulls hard on it, I fight it away from him. I try and try to get the locks of hair away from him and he ends up with a handful of it, leaving me a little fed up.

"Finn." I scold him, rubbing the spot on my head where my hair was ripped out.

He just looks at me innocently.

I sigh, untangling the hair from his chubby fingers. I pick him up and walk into the guest bedroom with him and hand him straight to Peeta.

"What's wrong?" He asks, taking him from me.

"Nothing is wrong. Let's just go." I say, irritated.

He shrugs, "Okay, you get dressed and meet us downstairs."

I nod and they go.

As soon as he shuts the door, I let out a groan.

I put on one of Peeta's t-shirts and some shorts and look at myself in the mirror.

There is no hiding my belly now, not even with Peeta's t-shirts.

It's not that I'm hiding it from anyone because everyone important knows but it's just the looks I get in public.

The disgusted, 'ew you had sex' look.

Like the one I got from the cashier when I was buying the pregnancy tests.

I just want to scream at everyone that Peeta and I are married and we've known each other for three years and we are in love.

I hate that I get looks for being pregnant.

For one, Peeta and I did everything the traditional way but the looks I get from people make me want to hide.

I shrug and go downstairs to find Finn and Peeta in the living room, waiting on me. It's so weird being in Finnick and Annie's house without them here.

"You ready?" Peeta asks.

I sigh, "Yeah."

"Are you okay?" He asks walking over to me.

"Yeah, just having a bit of a bad morning." I say with a shrug.

"It's okay, we will make the rest of the day better." Peeta assures me.

"Thank you."

I hug him. We pull away and I look up into his blue eyes.

"Come here." He says and our lips meet in the middle.

I pull away first when Finn start squealing impatiently.

"I love you." Peeta says before he let's me go.

I nod, "I love you too." I mumble and with that, we go.

Peeta takes us to a nice restaurant in downtown District Four.

I swear, the closer you get to the Capitol, the more idiotic folks get.

Everyone thought Finn was our baby, yet couldn't figure out how fast I got pregnant again.

Even after trying to explain he wasn't our baby, people either assumed we had adopted him or we were lying.

And, they also couldn't figure out why Peeta and I wanted to have so many babies so young.

After hours of spending time with Peeta, Finn and my bump, we all four decide a long nap is in order.

We head back to Finnick and Annie's house.

When we get there, Finn is already passed out so Peeta puts him in his bed and we go down the hallway to the guest bedroom.

"I hate to say it but you're right." Peeta tells me as he comes in.

"Right about what?"

He chuckles, "The closer you get to the Capitol, the more stupid and stubborn people get."

I snort, "Yeah and Octavia is one of them. She's from the Capitol if it's not obvious."

"Man, people are dumb."

"Most definitely." I laugh.

Peeta walks over and kisses my forehead, "I had a good time with you though."

"I had fun too. Now, I'm just ready for a nap before Finn wakes up."

He chuckles, "Then take a nap, my love."

I close my eyes, smirking, "I am trying but you're talking." I tease him.

Peeta scoffs, "Whatever, you nerd."

"I love you."

"I love you." He says, laying down next to me.

He scoots close to me and puts a hand on my hip and before I know it, we are both fast asleep, only to be awoken by the sound of a crying baby boy.