Chapter Thirty-Nine

Katniss POV- (A few weeks later)

"You know, Carter and Finn are gonna be so happy when you finally arrive. They are mommy and daddy's babies right now but once you come, I promise that you'll be our favorite." I tell her softly.

I feel bad because Carter especially is 'Peeta and I's baby' and I'll feel bad once Willow comes because she isn't going to rein anymore.

With Peeta especially.

I need to talk to Peeta about it all but I know he won't just forget about Carter and stuff but he's going to have to try and balance his time between them.

I'm more worried about myself doing it than Peeta doing it, I think I'm more prone to it.

But honestly, Peeta is the only father figure Carter has so she still needs him.

"Willow, I can't wait until you're here." I say softly to her, patting my belly.

She kicks a few times and I press my hand to my belly. It's the coolest thing I've ever experienced, seeing and feeling her kicking me.

I noticed if I talk to her or if Peeta does, she responds and that makes me really happy. She's gotten better about Peeta touching me and kissing me and stuff which makes my life a lot easier in a sense.

"You're gonna be so beautiful too. I really hope you look like your daddy because he's really cute." I tell her with a laugh.

I can't wait to see how Willow turns out.

I think that will be the best thing about having a child, the fact that Peeta and I are growing older too and Willow is gonna grow with us and we get to see who she becomes, who our own flesh and blood turns into.

It makes me sad but so excited for the future.

But there's more than just her facial features, more than what she looks like on the outside. I can't wait to see what her personality is and how she treats others.

I hope she has a big heart like Peeta.

"I think you're gonna be your daddy's new best friend, it's gonna be you, Carter, and then me." I laugh.

She tosses and turns around in there.

"Me, you and Daddy are going to have so much fun when you come. Mommy is gonna be the party pooper though, because he's going to spoil you rotten."

I laugh to myself.

"You're not going to know what to do once you get out here in this crazy world." I tell her.

I sigh, "You're so tiny and innocent but you're going to be my strong girl though. You've already proven that."

I let out an exhausted yawn, realizing just how heavy my eyes are.

"You're going to keep me up all night when you get here too, aren't you?" I ask her.

She's already kept me up so much and she's not even here yet.

"But we will make Daddy get up sometimes because Mommy is mean when she doesn't get enough sleep." I tell her.

I feel her turning and flipping inside me and it takes my breath away.

I stretch out.

"How about we take a nap? You make me sleepy." I say with a little laugh, scooting down further into our bed and pulling the covers up over my ears and right about the time I close my eyes, I hear him.

"Yeah, Willow. Let her sleep because she's scary when she's sleepy." Peeta says with a smile in his voice.

I jump a little, I thought he was at the store still, I didn't hear him come in.