Chapter Ninety-Two

Katniss POV- (January 31st)

"Good morning, Princesses." Peeta says, pressing a kiss to my forehead and then my belly.

I smile sleepily, "What are you doing up so early?" I ask him, seeing that the time is 8am.

"You have phone call scheduled with Doctor Coles about our stubborn baby."

I've tried everything to induced labor and I've had a few contractions but they're not steady and they don't last long.

Peeta and I have done exercises like stretching or bouncing on these stupid yoga balls and walking around the block. Dr. Coles even told me to begin walking up and down the stairs repeatedly just to try to speed it up. She said that Willow is starting to get a little too big so if I can't induce myself very soon, she will do it for me.

I sigh, "I've worn myself out doing all this physical stuff and she won't even budge." I laugh.

He chuckles, "We only have 9 more days if you have to be induced."

I turn my head and give him a smirk, "At this rate, it's going to be a long 9 days but I'm so excited."

He smiles, "So am I."

"What time is Dr. Coles calling to check in?" I ask.

"About fifteen or twenty minutes from now."

I sigh deeply, "Alright. I'll get up and go downstairs and get your phone." I tell him getting up slowly.

"Your phone is right there and she's calling you on your phone." Peeta chuckles.

"I don't care. I just wanted an excuse to walk down those damn stairs and back." I tell him.

He laughs and shakes his head, laying his head back on his pillow.

I open our bedroom door and start down the stairs. I go as fast as my body will allow me to waddle and eventually, make it to the kitchen, completely out of breath.

"Willow, you should really come out so mommy and daddy can see you already." I tell her as I grab Peeta's cell phone off the counter and grabbing us both something to down fast. An apple, banana and some water for us both.

I go upstairs and lay down next to Peeta, handing him the banana.

"Ugh, I'm so tired of being pregnant." I groan.

He chuckles, "You've done it for nearly nine months. Do you think you can handle it another nine days?"

"Maybe I can but I won't like it much."

"But you get to spend some extra alone time with me."

I scoff, "Honey, we haven't been alone in nearly nine months."

He smiles, "Very true."

"But I'm up for some me and you and Willow inside me time." I laugh.

"Well aren't you fun?" Peeta laughs.

"I try." I shrug my shoulders.

After about fifteen minutes, the phone rings so I answer, turning it on speaker so we can both hear and speak to her.

(On the phone with Doctor Coles)

"Good morning, Mellarks." She greets.

"Good morning." I say.

"No frequent contractions?"

"Nope."

She sighs, "Nothing else that shows your even close to being in labor?"