Chapter Twenty Six

Katniss POV- (That night)

"I love you. Man, I love you so fucking much, Katniss." Peeta says, attacking me with his lips.

I pull him closer to me and his arms snake around my waist and he pulls me on top of his thighs, "I love you too." I say, our lips crashing and breaking again and again.

We haven't kissed this passionately since, well you know when.

We continue kissing until I feel her kicking like crazy.

I try to ignore it but even Peeta can't. He can feel it against his stomach too.

"Ugh." I say, hesitantly pulling away.

He breaks away completely and chuckles, "What?"

"The baby is going crazy and you're holding me really tight." I say, feeling the baby's kicks with my hand.

I crawl out of his lap.

"I'm sorry. Force of habit." He says.

I laugh and shake my head at him.

"That was a really good moment you ruined there. You see that?" Peeta says, talking to my belly.

I laugh a little and he presses his lips to the little bump of baby.

It feels so weird having him kiss me there but so normal at the same time.

"I love you, baby girl." Peeta calls.

She kicks a few times in response.

I chuckle.

I just can't believe any of this.

It's so imperfectly perfect that I want to cry and eat ice cream, but not because I'm sad. Just because it seems too good to be true.

"You're gonna be the greatest daddy ever, Peeta." I say, kissing the tip of his nose.

"And you're going to be the best mommy ever. Isn't she, baby girl?" He says, talking to my stomach again.

I chuckle, "I am so happy that Bristol is back. If we could just get Finnick back here, everything would be perfect." I tell him.

"Maybe one day they will. I think it would be good for her to have a friend besides Carter around."

"At least Carter is getting someone to play with, even though they wouldn't be able to really play for a while.

"Yeah, she's gonna be about 11 months old by the time our baby comes." Peeta says.

I let out a deep sigh.

"I hope our baby doesn't grow up that fast."

Peeta frowns, "I hope not either." He sighs.

We sit there for a long time before I speak up.

"I still can't think of any names." I say.

"Well, that's alright. We still have about four months to find one. I'm sure we will find it soon too. I'm open to suggestions, so shoot a few at me?"

I sigh trying to think of the few I could.

"Um...I like Ivy and Iris." I say.

"Those are nice names. Are you wanting to do plant names?"

"For girls, please. If you don't mind." I nod.

He chuckles, "Okay. I'm fine with whatever."

I sigh, "Did you think of some?" I ask him.