Chapter Six

Katniss POV- (A few days later, dating anniversary. September 7th)

Being that we haven't kissed in over a month, it's kind of hard to push having sex on him, but I have to at least try.

Lucky for me, it is our dating anniversary today.

I just hope he doesn't catch on to what I'm doing. I also hope that he doesn't find the prenatal vitamins either, not just yet.

I guess if he finds them, I'll tell him I'm trying to prepare my body so that when it does happen that my body will be ready, which isn't a lie.

"Peeta, will you please kiss me?" I ask him softly.

He looks up from the television program he was 'watching' and faces me.

"Katniss, you have barely talked to me since Friday. What do you want?" He asks, shaking his head.

I try to play it off.

"It's our third anniversary." I tell him.

He nods a little.

"And I just miss you a lot, Peeta,"

Peeta's eyes get sadder and he bites his lip.

"I miss you too."

"And I miss your lips on mine." I frown, not lying a bit, but hoping this sparks something.

He frowns, "I miss your lips too."

I sigh, "Then kiss me." I say, hoping this is it.

I want this so bad.

I never thought I would be so ready, but in all reality, I think I've been ready all along and didn't realize until Peeta told me 'no.' But now it's like I can't wait.

"I-I want to but I can't. It's not right." He shakes his head at me.

I frown, "Peeta, how is kissing your wife 'not right'?" I ask him a little frustrated.

"When your whole family is dead, nothing about pleasure feels right. How could it feel right?" He shoots.

I roll my eyes, "Because you aren't suppose to leave me and you are suppose to love me and care about what I need too." I say, sounding extremely clingy.

"I do love and care about you and I'm trying hard not to leave you." Peeta urges.

"Then kiss me, damn it." I say, raising my voice a little bit and hanging on him.

He stands up, pushing me away from him a little.

"Katniss, what has gotten into you?" Peeta asks, maybe a little freaked out by my sudden interest.

I sigh, here we go.

This is where I tell him about my needs.

I have to tell him.

"Peeta. Listen to me when I say this..."

He raises his eyebrows at me, "What?"

"I know that I've denied you a baby and it's caused a lot of problems for us. I know that." I say, feeling like I am finally being honest with him.

"What are you trying to say?" He asks.

"I know you think that I'm just trying to get pregnant to make you happy and that's true too but I didn't realize until all of this, how badly I really want this. I want to have a baby, Peeta." I tell him, the words flowing out of my mouth.

He swallows hard, "Katniss, I'm sorry. I just can't yet." He says, shaking his head at me.

"Well, happy anniversary, Peeta." I mumble softly to him and walk out of the room.