Chapter Ninety-Three

Katniss POV-

Peeta laughs and we go back to watching the well-behaved babies playing on the floor.

"How about I go make us some lunch?" Peeta suggests.

I sigh, "That would be great. Make something that they can eat too." I tell him.

I may as well spoil them with a lot of food while I can.

I think I'm going to really miss getting to eat whatever I want within reason and eating a lot of it without having to worry about looking fat or underfed.

"I will." Peeta says, heading into the kitchen.

Carter tries to follow him but I catch her attention.

"You can't be in there while he's cooking, baby." I tell her, getting up and setting her next to Finn again.

I plop down on the floor next to them and start playing with them.

They talk back and forth to each other, they laugh and try talking to me too, even though I haven't a clue what they're saying.

Peeta comes in a while later, "I'll take one baby if you take the other one?"

I laugh, "I'll take Carter and you take Finn." I decide.

Peeta grabs my hands and helps pull me up off the floor, then hands me Carter and takes Finn himself.

"Want to to eat something, kiddo?" Peeta asks Finn.

Carter turns and looks at Peeta and Finn and then at me, pointing to the boys.

"Let's go get some food then!" I laugh at Carter.

She smiles and bounces up and down against my belly.

"Careful." I say as we walk into the kitchen and sit at the table.

Carter sits in my lap the best that she can manage, Willow of course kicking at us.

"Peeta, your child. I swear." I tease him.

He smiles, "I don't think she likes when you put stuff on your tummy. What do you think?"

I laugh, "I think she likes it when you put your hand there but I've noticed anything else, not so much."

"How many plates has she broken?" Peeta teases.

"Two and one cup."

He grins and hands Finn a cheese bun from last nights dinner.

I hand Carter one too.

"You feel anything?" Peeta asks as we eat in somewhat of a silence.

I look up from my plate, "No."

"Okay, just curious."

"I promise that I will tell you if I start feeling any different, okay?"

He nods his head and keeps eating.

"This is fun. I like having two kids and one on the way." Peeta mentions subtly.

I scoff playfully, "Well, you're going to have to wait awhile, buddy boy." I break it to him.

He chuckles, "I would be perfectly happy with just Willow."

"Just like you were perfectly happy with just me." I tease him. 

He grins, "But you have to admit that neither of us knew how much we needed her until you got pregnant." He reminds me.

That is very true.