Chapter Eighty-Four

Katniss POV- (The next morning)

"Katniss, I'm going to go down and see if your mom is up. If so, I'm gonna bring her up to talk, okay? If not, I'll bring you breakfast soon." Peeta says.

I nod my head but quickly fall back to sleep, not having a care in the world about what's to come, even though I know it won't be good.

Peeta POV-

"Morning." I say to Mrs. Everdeen who just sits at the dining room table, startled by my appearance.

Her eyes dart up and back down, "Good morning."

"Do you want some breakfast? Katniss is still sleeping." I say, walking to the fridge and getting stuff out for pancakes.

Mrs. Everdeen doesn't respond.

I quickly fix the meal and make her a plate of pancakes, setting syrup and butter on the table in front of her.

"Thank you."

I nod, "I'm going to go take this to Katniss. I'll be back in a minute."

I start out into the living room, but her voice stops me.

"She doesn't want to see me, does she?"

I look at her, "She's disappointed in the decision you're making but you'll see her." I mutter and walk upstairs, finding Katniss already fast asleep again, no surprise.

"Katniss, I made you some pancakes. Get up." I say, placing her food on my bedside table.

She groans as I sit on the edge of the bed, where she's managed to find her way to my side of the bed. I laugh, setting my hand on her hip and patting her gently.

"Wake up. The sooner you do it, the sooner it'll be over." I say.

She opens her sleepy eyes and I push some hair back out of her face.

She sighs, "Fine. I'm eating and then if she wants to, she can come up but I'm not going down there."

"I told her the doctor won't let you leave bed no matter what, so we need to stick to it." I tell her.

"Thanks." Katniss says and I help her sit up.

I hand her the plate of food and she sets it on her belly, using it as a makeshift table.

I chuckle at her, "You're so cute and you don't even try."

Katniss looks up, a little embarrassed and scoffs, "Stop." She smirks.

"I'm sorry."

"Oh, whatever!" She laughs, "I think I'll miss my belly after she's born, it's coming in handy lately."

I laugh, putting my hand on her big belly, "Your Momma is crazy, Willow." I tease.

Katniss playfully slaps my arm, "Oh, hush! Stop talking to her before there's pancakes all over our bed." She jokes truthfully.

I smile and stand back up, leaning forward and pecking her lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I pat her head and 'mess up' her already messy hair, "I'll be up soon...With her." I say, walking out as she gives me a 'thrilled' look.

I go back downstairs to find Mrs. Everdeen still eating so I put a few pancakes on a plate and sit down in front of her, digging in.

"Is she up?"

I nod my head.

"I think I may go up soon, if you don't mind."