Chapter Nineteen

Katniss POV- (September 27th)

I fly off the couch but don't make it to the bathroom before everything I've recently eaten is all over the living room floor.

"Katniss, are you alright?" Peeta calls half asleep, running to my side.

I close my eyes but feel swirling in my belly and my insides being kicked to the point it nearly takes my breath away.

"Yeah. It's just the baby, I think." I say, actually feeling movement for the first time, so why wouldn't it be the baby?

I clench my teeth, "It doesn't feel as neat as I thought it would."

He pats my back, rubbing little circles into it.

"Do you wanna stand up?"

I shake my head, "No, I'm kind of dizzy."

"Puke all over the floor if you have to. I'll clean it up." He says sarcastically.

It makes me smile and laugh a little, "Don't make me laugh, it hurts."

He just chuckles a little.

"I have to pee now too." I sigh, resting my forehead against his chest.

"Lift your shirt up a little to see if we can see it move." Peeta says.

I open my eyes and lift the bottom of my shirt a little bit, nothing.

"Try feeling it." I tell him, pulling his hand high up to my belly.

I don't know if he's just imaging it or he really feels it but he freaks out.

He gasps, "I can feel it. I can feel our baby, Katniss." Peeta says with the biggest grin I've ever seen him muster up.

I can't help but to smile too, it's so surreal.

"You better calm down in there, baby. You're making Momma sick." Peeta says, leaning down to my stomach.

I can't help but to laugh, even though it feels so strange and unpleasant.

It's the first time Peeta's called me anything like that since we found out and it's just so cool.

"How big do you think the baby is?" He asks curiously, not taking his eyes off my tummy.

I sigh, "The doctors said I was like seventeen weeks last week on your birthday, it's the 27th today so I'm 18 weeks now and officially five months pregnant."

"Woah."

"That means the baby is like the size of a potato I think is what they said." I laugh.

Peeta smiles, "That's still pretty little."

"We all start out smaller than a sesame seed." I laugh, remembering what Dr. Coles told me.

He looks up at me, "That's so crazy."

"It's pretty amazing."

"It really is." He agrees, mesmerized by this all.

"Here." I say, putting his hand flat against my stomach, knowing that he is dying to feel the baby move again.

I don't know why I didn't agree to this before, it's the sweetest thing ever, seeing Peeta so happy and mesmerized.

"Can you feel it?" I ask him.

And the smile I see tells me he can feel something. 

"Thank you so much." Peeta says gratefully, almost in tears.