Chapter Ninety

Katniss POV- (A few days later)

"Hey. What are you doing?" Peeta asks, coming up behind me, wrapping his arms around my lower waist the best that he can.

I smile and set my hands over his, "I'm just looking at our old scrap book." I say and he looks down at the page, it has a picture of us at senior prom.

"You looked stunning that night." He mumbles to me.

"It's weird that in May it will have been two years since we graduated."

He smiles, "And now we're married and having a baby."

I turn my head and peck his cheek, making a loud smacking noise.

"Can you believe that?" Peeta asks with a laugh.

I grin.

"I have to." I smile.

He chuckles, "Is it weird that I still feel like my 16 year old self with just some more experience?"

"No, same for me but you have to remember you turned seventeen not long after we met." I tease him.

"Fine. Then I feel like my seventeen year old self." He laughs.

I grin and turn around the best I can in his tight grip.

"I think that your beard is coming a long great." I mention to him.

I remember our little discussion over it a few months ago, it was pretty silly.

He laughs and shakes his head, "Is it too scratchy yet?"

I shake my head, "Not too bad, it could be worse." I say, caressing his face with my hand.

His reddish blond facial hair makes him look much older, but his blue eyes still the same.

I swear that the eyes are the only thing about a person that may never change, so I guess it's a good thing I've fallen in love with his eyes, not that I care what he looks like, like I've always said-that's a bonus.

He grins, "I think I'm going to shave it soon."

"Why?"

"Too itchy and I don't want to scare Willow and I don't think blond guys look too good with beards."

"But it is really sexy." I laugh.

He scrunches his nose, "I doubt it's all that sexy. I don't feel like I look good with it." He chuckles.

"I don't care what you do, I think you're sexy either way." I wiggle my eyebrows.

He laughs, "Then no more scratchiness when we kiss! I'll be right back!" Peeta says, letting go of me and running up stairs.

I am taken back by his actions but it makes me laugh.

"Peeta! What the hell?" I laugh.

I hear our bedroom door open and the bathroom door being slammed shut.

"I'm shaving it. I look horrible!" Peeta calls back, laughing.

I laugh and shake my head.

"You're breaking our deal!" I remind him but that deal doesn't mean anything, it was just something silly we decided a while back.

"I'm sorry! I love you!" He calls loudly.

I snort, "I love you too!" I call.

I sigh and look down at my belly.

"Your daddy is so cute, Willow. Did you know that?" I ask her, rubbing my belly.

I feel a few kicks up by my rib cage and stomach and then I feel sudden jerks that come every few seconds.