𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐖? - 𝐯.𝐡

Y/N HAS ALWAYS tried to become vance hoppers friend, everyone thought she was absolutely insane for even thinking let alone doing something like that.

but to her vance just seemed like a normal kid, well besides the anger issues.
She really thinks he does have a soft spot.

but as much as she try's to talk to him he ALWAYS backs down, ignores for, insults her, she's getting sick of it.

every day she try's sitting next to him but he always rolls his eyes and looks out the window, she began feeling sad about it.

resulting in her believing all the things people had said about him, that he only cared about him self, that he was 'selfish.'

so today y/n didn't sit next to him, didn't talk to him, she didn't even look at him.

Y/n made her way into class, she looked over seeing the familiar long blonde at the back of the class carving things into the desk with his pocket knife.

she instantly looked away and took a seat away from him, the teacher rambled on about fractions, y/n clicked her pen sighing.

She could feel someone's stare on her, and it was bothering her, distracting her from her work.

she turned her head looking over at vance's seat, his eyes stared directly at her, at first she thought it might of been someone near her but it wasn't, their eyes met meaning she was the only thing he was looking at.

she felt a weird butterfly feeling in her stomach before turning back around to the board, y/n decided to shrug off the thought of why vance was looking at her and get on with the lesson, maybe he had zoned out.

TIME SKIP | after class

y/n walked down the hall and around the corner to get to the bleachers she normally sits at when she was stopped by her face hitting a firm chest.

"ow!" she said holding her nose as she looked up, there stood vance looking down at her "why didn't you sit next to me?" he asked, y/n frowned almost hearing....hurt? in his voice.

"you never want me to, i try and try and all you do is repay me with an insult or a death stare, so i've given up" y/n said, he sighed looking away from her

"i just push people away like that, it's my nature to do so" vance said "alright well you've gotten what you wanted" y/n said as she went to walk away but felt a large hand wrap around her wrist

"i haven't gotten what i wanted tho" he said gently pulling her back over to him"what do you mean" y/n said frowning, vance rolled his eyes huffing "you're so dense" he said shaking his head.

"wha-" "i do want you to sit with me ok?" he said, y/n chuckled "you're joking right" she said, he shook his head with a straight face.

"why now, when i've had enough of your bullshit that you come back" y/n said "no one's ever given me that attention before, i enjoyed it, and it wasn't until i didn't have it that i realised i liked it" he said trying not to show emotion but y/n could tell he was hurt.

"ok, i will sit with you" y/n said nodding, vance smiled slightly "alright see ya loser, don't take that seriously!" he said as he walked away.

"yeah yeah bye idiot" y/n said chuckling as she walked away.

NOVA SPEAKS

he's so me, i hate attention but crave it so bad, same with touch 💀