Forbidden Art

Norah's team had just regrouped with Tai's after they thoroughly searched their expedition area. They encountered much wildlife, thriving without the disturbance of people. Unbothered by the incoming chaos that was about to unfold.

Plumes of fire and screams of dying men, rang across the valley, like a beacon,  Norah and Tai raced in Helio's direction. They tried reaching him on the way, but they quickly found out comms were down. Then they looked up.

As the sky, as they last remembered it, turned from, blue, to gray and orange. While ships and aircrafts engaged in an intense one-sided struggle. Leaving carnage, rubble, and corpses falling out of the sky.

Their soldiers and their way out.

"I'll be back."

Norah quickly turned around and raced back, cladding herself in electricity and leaving Tai, to go on ahead.

As he got to Helio's site, Norah made it a few seconds behind him. She didn't want to regret not informing their teams to retreat and leave this Solar System as soon as possible. She knew something was not right.

Still in shock, what they witnessed was something out of a nightmare.

Helio and his team were excavating and exploring a destroyed ancient city surrounded by a lush forest. That forest was now on fire and decorated with the blood, corpses, and parts of the androids and human members of Helio's team.

They could tell the fire was started intentionally, as the path of the fire, raged purple, to blue. It wasn't possible for anyone to still be alive in this forest, but as if rotating, within the circle of flames, they saw flashes of ice, bursting out, then turning into mist.

Norah raised her hand, then dropped it in the direction, of the last ice burst. With incredible speed, a large streak of blue lightning struck, breaking through the fire domain and striking its target.

Moments later, Helio was thrown flying into them, but they caught him safely, as a figure, appeared with a blur in front of them.

"So glad of you to gather here, all at once. I knew, I sensed, strong iko on this continent."

Norah instinctively raised her guard at the sight of her. Transforming into second gear.

Tai braced himself, but he was more concerned about Helio. He checked his pouch, noticing Helio had already used a booster. He gritted his teeth and gave him his own. Knowing it wouldn't be good for him. However, the burns, Helio was suffering from, were too severe.

Tai, could not help but sweat at the sight of the monster, looking them over. However, he still found the courage to speak. His country was watching him. His people. He could not fall here.

"Who are you?!"

The child of Atlas, raised a finger to her lips, biting it.

"Oh my. How feisty you are. I'm sure you could have come up, with a better pickup line."

She threw her hand back and gave him a slight bow.

"I am Princess Zelha, the 94th child of Atlas. Pleased to meet you and you must be his friend, from the Beyond Space Force. Let's get friendly with each other!"

Closing the gap between her and Tai, faster than the blink of an eye. The only he thought, stopping his imminent death, was Norah, reacting with the speed of a lightning strike, she called down, ahead of time.

Zelha and her crashed down a few hundred meters before Zelha threw her back and regained her footing.

Norah glanced back at Tai.