Dark Energy

"Where are we? Who are you?"

Amaara blurted out.

Simon and Koji were in shock, unable to believe what they were witnessing.

"What is this?"

Koji, looked around seeing his hometown and neighborhood.

"The farm!"

Simon called out

It was empty, except for the three people standing before them.

One woman and two men exhibiting traits with Rennayan origins, but dressed differently, not only because their professions, but because it was as if, they were from different times.

One of the men, seemed to be a royal gaurd, dressed less modern, than the ones that escorted Osei and his family.

The other seemed to be a martial arts teacher, giving them an stern smile, while crossing his arms.

He was dressed in a black and gold martial arts outfit.

The woman stepped forward, outfitted in a red and gold, air fleet generals, battle uniform and spoke with a voice, emanating pure strength.

"Listen now and listen quick. There's no time for questions, your deaths in reality are imminent."

The Nova's went silent, focusing all attention on her.

"Don't worry, time flows at a ratio of about 1/100th in here, but I will make this quick."

She placed her hands to her sides indicating the men beside her.

"We are Rennayans. As you can surmise, this place exists in your subconscious, we call it the Ethereal Plane. A place only theorized, but has never been reached."

She gave them a moment, to swallow all of the info.

"Sharing our abilities with you, has allowed us to converse once more. Thank you for supporting the last of our kin. Each of you, because of your character and perseverance, we have no choice, but to give you our respect and admiration."

The woman frowned, clenching her fists at her sides tightly.

"I know how frustrating it is to face an enemy, you cannot defeat. No matter how hard you try. However you guys are special."

She nodded at the martial artist, who promptly thrusted his hand into the air, grabbed it, breaking open a small tear.

Revealing the world beyond the Ethereal.

There was nothing, but swirling colors in darkness, flowing like a river.

"This is dark energy. A forbidden power, difficult to control, but is the most abundant."

Amaara looked longingly at it, almost in a trance.

Simon & Koji kept wondering what this was leading to.

The woman continued with her explanation.

"You humans have too much chaos in your hearts, so we will help you bear the pain of darkness. However in exchange... you will need to give up... at least 9 years of your life."

The Novas were stunned.

Simon shook his head backing away, Koji mulled it over.

Amaara broke the silence.

"Sign me up."

They both looked at her wondering if she properly thought it over, but she shrugged.

"This isn't a dream, we're goners when we go back."

The lady raised her voice, hurrying them up, as the world around them began to crumble apart.

The Rennayan dipped their arms in pockets of darkness and reached out with the other.

"We don't have much time, grab hold of our hands, if you wish to survive."

The Novas looked at each other once more.

Knowing this was it, the only choice.

They leaped forward, grabbing hold of their hands and braced themselves, as darkness took over.

Back to Reality...

The sphere of destruction, had gotten about an inch closer in the time they had been knocked out.

However the aura emanating from them was completely different, giving Drakarna the creepiest chills.

Black fire and lightning ripped the sphere apart, blasting right past her, nearly missing her.

She focused in on them, trying to see what was going on.

The Novas, each had half formed skulls, with different style tribal markings, with their hair lightly glowing, full silver.

Black lightning struck, erratically around them, as black & purple rings of fire, crushed the ground.

"This can't be possible!"

Drakarna was stunned, although she was just born, she still was able recall the memories, from all of the siblings.

"How can there be three Lost Souls at the same time? Is Fate playing tricks with me?"

She unleashed her rage, calling forth lightning to strike them down.

"Azure Lightning."

A convoluted bolt of lightning, ripped through the sky, faster than the blink of an eye.

Drakarna began to smile, awaiting a massive explosion.

However to her dismay, they stood unfazed, protected by a black and blue, charged energy dome.

Two of them giving her deadly glares, the other going mad.

"Simon! Get a hold of yourself!"

Hoping his voice could reach him, Koji tried to stay calm.

With one hand on his sword hilt ready to strike Simon down, if he lost himself to dark energy.

Not to say he was having an easy time having it under control himself.

He snuck a quick glance at Amaara, checking to see if she was ok.

He regretted even doubting her.

She stood brimming with new found confidence and energy, ready to give her second chance at life a go.

The skull, which had half formed on her face, around her hair and up to her nose, crumbled apart.

Her hair was completely silver, flowing majestically with the wind.

Hues of purple, black and blue fire emanated from her, releasing intense heat.

"Koji, I'll hold her off. Can you bring Simon back to his senses and help me out."

Koji looked at her, as she shielded him from a burst of fire, coming from Simon.

He nodded, as he prevented another lightning strike, from striking them.

With blurring speed, she rocketed into the sky, punching in a massive dent to Drakarna's body, with blue and purple flames bursting out her fists.

Drakarna grimaced recoiling back a few meters.

"Don't get cocky! I have enough strength now, to challenge the top 100. No one can stop me now!

Releasing her limiters, as she yelled at the top of her lungs.

Amaara grinned.

"Sorry, but unfortunately, I'm going to be ruining all of your dreams."