Haeju's Mom - Part 1

[IN THE DORM]

“Why are you such a crybaby???”

Nayeon and the others are teasing me because I'm crying, again. They caught me while watching TV. I am touched with what I watch that makes my eyes teary.
“I’m just touched... What’s wrong with that?” I say as I'm wiping my tears.
“It’s a freakin' Discovery channel! You are watching a crocodile having lunch. What’s so touching about that??”
“I feel sad for the buffalo. I imagine if it has a family waiting for him. Its children waiting for his dad but he doesn’t come back home. And they are waiting and waiting and waiting.......”
“Mwahahaha! That’s so dramatic,” Jeongyeon laughs so hard.
“It’s supposed to be an educational show....” Mina says.
“I get it if you are scared while watching that. But get sad? Really???” Nayeon adds.
“Hehe... Yeah, it feels too weird indeed,” I answer them.
“Aww... Let her be~ Haeju is just a soft girl~” Sana hugs me behind the sofa.
“But I think it’s too much, Unnie. She cries on literally everything,” Tzuyu tells us, ”One day after taking a shower, she came into our room with a red face. I thought she was missing home or something. But when I asked what happened, she said that she thought about how hard the life of a PLUMBER!”
"That's so random!"
“Really???”
“Whoaa... She said that?”
“Angg~ It was kinda sad for me,” I try to convince them.
“That’s too far, Unnie. I’m a crybaby myself. But I don’t cry on things like that,” Dahyun sits beside me.
“Yeah, I think we need to help Haeju with her issue,” Jihyo suggests, “If we work as a team, I think we can change her a little bit.”
“True....”
“Agree....”
“I can’t imagine if one day you just cry in front of the public. People might misunderstand you. They probably will make some articles about how mean JYPe treats its idol,” Chaeyoung suddenly becomes so serious.
“Ow, that’s scary...”
“That really can happen!”
“Even your makeup is often ruined because she cries all of sudden.”
“Oh yeah, I remember that!”
“Or when she cried on her first Twice performance.”
“She made us all cried tho.”
“Hahaha....”
"She easily gets panicked."
"So true!"
“We need to help Haeju.”
“Yeah...”
“Thanks, guys,” I say, “You all so care with me. So kind...”
“Wait, does that make you touched again?” Momo checks my eyes and, yes, they get teary again. “Oh my God, Haeju, that’s enouuuuuuuuuuuuugh!!!"
Including me, everybody laughs at that. I wipe my eyes. Hmm... Maybe I really need to change.

I need to be tough.