Haeju's Mom - Part 6

[IN A MAKEUP ROOM]

I've been trained!

The members help me so I cannot cry too easily. They make me tougher. They keep motivate me to become a strong girl. These days I can no longer get moved by the saddest drama. No love story can give me a sentimental feeling. Even the sad videos that Jihyo finds on youtube are resistable. I've changed. Now I'm mentally strong. Nothing will make my tears drop anymore.

Right now I'm getting ready to be on a talkshow. I'm here with Sana as the guests. It's a good opportunity to show the new me. I have said that I'm also trained by Jype, right? I become Twice's representative in variety show. Showing people Twice's new image. Jype trusts me because I'm witty and vocal in front of the public. They only train me the basic rules of being a variety star, how to be funny and attracting, how to treat the seniors, how to develop my persona, etc. They help to find the best mask for me.

"Are you ready, My Love?" Sana asks me as she has done with her makeup.

"Almost there. But mentally, I'm ready," I answer boldly.

"Aww~ Glad to hear that. I know what the members have done to you, by the way. Please don't be too hard on yourself, okay?"

"It's not like that...... I'm not being hard on myself. I just need to do this, Sana."

"I understand.... Hey, I support you no matter what!" I look at the mirror to see her smiling at me. Somehow I'm glad she is here with me at this moment. She makes me relaxed.

Suddenly the door is opened harshly. "Where is Haeju??!"

"What is it, Oppa?" I ask our manager who looks so serious.

"We need to cancel your appearance now!"

"Huh? No! Why?"

"Your mom.... She's just got a car accident."

"Omona....!" Sana sounds shocked to hear that. She close her mouth with her hands automatically and her eyes gets teary.

"Hold your tears, Sana!!! Makeup...." I tell her.

"Ah yes, so sorry...."

"Where is she now, Oppa?"

"She has been brought to the nearest hospital. Thay are trying to save her life now."

Suddenly a man comes to the room. "3 MINUTES BEFORE ON AIR!"

"Let's see your mom, Haeju! She is in a really bad condition. We will let Sana stays here to be the only guest," My manager speaks again.

"No, I'm okay....." I whisper.

"No??!" Sana exclaims.

"Agreeing to be on the show is a promise, Oppa, and I'm not going to break it. The other business can wait after the show ends."

Sana grabs my hand. "NO, JU! You need to see your mom! Ah, I know what's going on between the two of you, but still, you are her daughter. This might be the last time you see her......"

"1 MINUTE BEFORE ON AIR!"

I smile to her. "I'll take that risk. I've been trained for this. Oppa, tell them I'll stay here." I get up from my chair. "The show must go on."

[IN THE STUDIO]

I smile to the MC, PD, and all the TV crews. Sana follows me. One of the crews escorts me to wait with the other guests. I greet them nicely as nothing happens. Except the PD and Twice managers, no one has an idea about my mom's accident.

The show begins. I try to be as steady as possible. I'm remembering all the lessons about variety that Jype has taught me. And I think I nailed it! The show feels so fun and much alive. But I see Sana eventually takes a peek on me. Checking if I'm fine.