Meeting Haeju IRL | Part 3

(Chanmi's POV)

Jeongyeon was also so caring and Momo was nice and funny. Then it was my turn to speak to my second bias, Sana!

Sana is special. I stan Sana because I know Haeju likes her so much. I ship 'Saju' a.k.a 'Sana x Haeju' or 'Annie x Sofie' because I believe it's real. I KNOW it's real! It's the most superior ship in Twice and we, the shippers, wanna make sure their bond is protected.

Sana came out as well-mannered, "Annyeonghaseyo..." she bowed at me. It was surprised me that I bowed back at her while sitting down. She was the only member to do that during the fan meeting. Weird. Sana has a bad history when it comes to social and relationship. She's the infamous, pure-hearted, girl of Twice so she always looks positively at people. Unfortunately, she doesn't really like that toward herself. She has low self-esteem despite her everyday persona. I and the community had a talk about this. Since she's quirky, she used to be not that expressive in front of people that they didn't know. Before she became a Twice member, she was a really shy girl.

Everything's changed when she met Dahyun! The latter was confident and unique, so Sana was never afraid to be herself in front of her. Sana was a clingy person and she depended on Dahyun a lot. Saida, the infamous ship among Once, was one-sided because Dahyun chose Chaeyoung over Sana. Dahyun wasn't gay so she didn't notice how Sana loved her. Dahyun was just closer to Chaeyoung and considered Chaeyoung her closest friend. Some said Dahyun actually noticed Sana's feelings but she ignored it anyway.

We know that Dahyun used to be the only one who could fully accept Sana's quirkiness. The one who made Sana felt comfortable the most. It broke Sana's heart so much that Dahyun only considered her ONLY as one of her unnies.

"What is your name, dear?" Sana said while opening the pages of my album, looking for her picture.
"Kim Chanmi," I told her. My vision was blurry for a second, maybe because I was nervous but I ignored it
"Kim Chanmi-ssi..." she repeats, as she finds the right page, she took her marker and signed it for me, "Kim... Chan... Mi," she spelled it, "What a cute name!"
"Thank you, Sana-ssi, you're the cutest," I said politely, going with the vibe she has been giving.
"Thank you, dear! Do you have anything that you want me to write on?" she asked, still formal but soft and polite.
"Umm, no," I said, "But I have a lot of questions I'm dying to ask you..."

How is Sana after she meets Haeju?
After Haeju joined Twice, we all know how the story goes. Sana used to be so mad at Haeju. She ignored Haeju so hard on her early days. We, Sana stans, understand that Haeju probably had a hard time adjusting herself to the members, while she also was making some controversies here and there only by joining Twice. We observed the new member and we noticed one day Sana was so close to her. Haeju unnie with her style, always seemed like she was ignoring everybody, but not Sana. But we saw Sana was so into her somehow. We saw a lot of skinship and that wasn't one-sided. Haeju liked to hold Sana's hand a lot. Her Twicetagram post mostly when she was with Sana. Okay, things may get weird from her to you but we know how both looked at each other. Haeju talked so comfortably to Sana than any other members. Umm, you know when two people are close right? We can get the vibe. When they were having v-live, we could sense that kind of vibe from the two. From Sana's eyes, we know she cares about Haeju so much. Something's going on between them...

"Sure, what do you want to ask me," Sana gave the permission.
I took a breath, "How are you Sana-ssi? Are you feeling good today?" I asked nervously.
"Sure, I think I'm doing well these days. I eat a lot of food and rest a lot. Thank you for the concern," she answered, almost like a happy robot.
"Uhh, Good to know- Okay, my first question is... What do you think about SAJU?" I emphasized the last word.
Just like a working mantra, a wide smile magically appeared on her face, "Hahahahaha...!" she laid back on her chair and laughed, meant that she aware of what 'Saju' meant, her formality suddenly gone, Sana moved her head forward to me as she was going to whispered the answer, "Yeah... I love her!" she nodded, she looked at Haeju at the corner of the table for a while before intimately spoke to me again, "Of course I love my girlfriend, hehe!"
"Oh! Is she your girlfriend?" I asked again.
She straight up her back and pretend to be formal again," I'm sorry dear but no one can't own her but me," she said before losing her cool and laughed like a little kid. I was so happy to see her genuinely happy like that. Sad, but cute.

It was not just Dahyun. Sana tried to be intimate to everyone. Sadly, it was hard to find someone who could fully understand her 'amazingness'. We think maybe because Haeju's thought is kinda childish so she can understand Sana. Those two are meant to be together. Fyi, it's Sana who takes care of Haeju not otherwise. It's funny because Haeju is older and Sana looks more childish but it's true.

After some good laugh with her, I moved on to my last question, "Umm, can you tell me your wish for the rest of this year? What do you really want?"
"The rest of the year? Hmm..." she took a time to answer it, "What do I really want huh? I think what I really want is for everyone to be happy. Once... Staffs... And the members... My girlfriend Juju, hehehe! Aaand... Yeah, I just want them to be happy and healthy."
"Does that mean you don't want anything else?"
"Well, I do hope I can eat more delicious food... I wish I have time to come back home to see my parents, I-" suddenly she was paused, her cheeks were blushed, she folded her lips, "It's been a long time that I haven't visited my parents. I think I don't visit them enough. It's so-" Sana took a breath to calm herself, "I mean... When I'm having fun here, at home they're missing her beloved daughter. I have some people that I love so I know how it feels to be left alone by them...." she told me.
I bravely put my hand on hers to comfort her. One of the managers saw that and approached us. He gave Sana a bottle while whispering her something. I heard she answered her while nodding, "Yes... Yes... I'm sorry..." I was speechless to see that.

My time with Sana was one of the memorable experiences there in the fan meeting, "I would have hugged you if it's allowed, dear. Sadly I can't hug everyone," she said while shaking my hands. I don't really understand what she meant but I got the feeling so I gave my most genuine smile at her. Maybe that's jsut how Haeju understands her. Haeju is so perceptive and sensitive...
"You've done well, Sana-ssi. Just be yourself, we love you," I encouraged her, trying to end our conversation with a positive feeling.
"Thank you. You're lovely, Chanmi-ssi. Hehe!" she giggled, "Love to see you again!"

As I've met her lover, now it's finally time to meet Haeju herself. My heart is beating so fast. Here I go!

(to be continued)