Haeju's Mom - Part 4

[IN MY HOUSE]

My mom didn't talk too much on the way home. She just sat there and playing something on her phone. Nayeon and Jihyo tried to talk with her a little bit but she didn't respond to them properly. Instead, she ordered them to stop by here and there like a boss. Huh, I was so embarrassed and annoyed! Right now, Nayeon and Jihyo wait in the living room while I'm preparing the food we just bought for my mom.

I come to her room. "The food is ready."
She looks at me and coming out of the room. "Can you be such a nice daughter to me just for once?! Always so rude."
"I wonder from who I learn it....."
"Huh, what a dumb girl" It's her most favorite nickname for me. She calls me like that since I was a kid.
I'm taking a glass in the kitchen and pour water into it. Then gives it to her who has started eating. "Haneul will visit you tonight to take care of you, but I don't think he can stay for a long time. So do I. I will visit you once my schedule is over," I explain the plan for her.
"I like Haneul more than you," she gives me a short answer and then continues her lunch.
I take a deep breath. "I also already inform Mrs. Kim Singa that you are home. You can ask her if you need anything. Ah, you know that she is our neighbor, right?"
"Hnn!"
"Okay, I'll leave now if you don't have anything to say. Don't drink too much! Take care of yourself."
"Wait wait!" she grabs my arm. "I wanna ask you something."
"What is it?"
She drinks the glass of water I give her and speaks. "How is Twice?"
"What do you mean?"
"As difficult as I told you, right?" She grins.
"Not really. In fact, I enjoy it so much! I feel so alive living my passion. I also have a bunch of friends who care about me."
"Meh, don't lie, Dummy! I know how terrible the life as an idol is. I bet you are crying every day, right?"
"......."
"That's because deep inside your heart you are exhausted. Frustrated! You know you want to stop, but you just keep denying it." she stands up, puts her hand on my chin. "I know how weak you are, Dummy!"
I push her hand. "You know nothing about me!!!"
"SHUT UP AND JUST QUIT BEING AN IDOL!!!" She yells so loud.
I'm startled. My eyes start to get teary again.
"YOU NEVER HAVE MY PERMISSION, YOU KNOW?!"
"Why can't you just let your daughter be happy??? Just for once........"
"JUST FIND A RICH HUSBAND QUICKLY, LIVE AT HOME, AND FEED YOUR MOM!"
"IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT YOU! YOU NEVER WANT TO UNDERSTAND ME," I yell back.
"BECAUSE YOU ARE DUMB! AND WEAK. NO ONE LIKES YOU!"
"SHUT UP!!!" Tears are flowing on my cheek.
"SEE? WEAKLING!!!"
"Shut up........"
"HUH, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! GO PLAY WITH THOSE SLUTS. I DON'T NEED A WEAK DAUGHTER LIKE YOU."
I immediately leave the kitchen. I don't have time to wipe my tears. I take my things and go to the living room. I find Jihyo and Nayeon are shocked with what they just heard. I open the door roughly. "Let's get out of here!"

(to be continued)