Ten Candles | Part 1

(TW: Horror)

Haeju was sick.

Everybody was doing their tour, performing in front of Once, singing and dancing from the bottom of their hearts, while Haeju was rolling around on her bed, not feeling well.

She was alone in the dorm because the manager, who was supposed to stay with her, left. It was the end of the year, and Haeju knew how much her manager wanted to be with her family. So, Haeju told her to go home.

It was the right decision, after all. After that, it started to rain outside. It was getting hard so Haeju pulled up her blanket to cover her body.

"Guys, I hope you're having fun..." Haeju talked to herself, imagining her friends out there. Tears fell from her eyes. She was happy Twice didn't have to suffer like her.

'Pats!'

Suddenly, the light went out. 'It must be because of the rain,' she thought. The power was turned off. The dorm got darker.

Haeju pulled out the charging cord from her phone and checked the screen. It was still 10%, "Akh, I was starting to charge it!" Haeju said.

The breeze went in, and the temperature got even colder somehow. There was nothing Haeju could see in front of her. It was dark. That made her feel very uncomfortable. Only the window behind her, covered by the curtain, was bright.

"Should I turn the electricity back on?"

While wondering, Haeju decided to get up and turn to the window. She peeked from behind the curtain to see what was outside.

The storm was extreme. The window was all covered by water. Haeju could see a dim light from the lamp posts, which meant, she still could turn the power up again. She tried to see if anyone was outside. 'I was so stupid!' Haeju thought, 'Of course, no one will be outside. It's raining.' But she was wrong. Haeju saw a silhouette of a person standing in the intersection. Haeju couldn't identify if it was a man or a woman. What was weird was that it seemed like that person was looking straight at Haeju.

"Who is that?" Haeju squeezed her eyes and could see that that person was smiling at her......

'Boom!!!'

The thunder clapped hard. Haeju quickly covered the window back using the curtain. 'It could not be manager-nim, right?' she thought, 'It's been a while since she left. Why would she be standing in the rain anyway?' Haeju's heart tumped hard. She was still shocked by the sound of the thunder. Suddenly, she felt warmer from the heart pumping blood to her body.

"Where's my phone?!"

Haeju took her phone and was determined to check on the electricity box thingy. It was too scary to be in the dark like this.

Haeju didn't want to turn on the flashlight. She was afraid that her phone would turn off while she was in the middle of the darkness. She knew the positions of everything in this dorm anyway. She wouldn't get lost. She would use the light from her phone screen so it wouldn't be that dark. The screen showed that the battery percentage was 10%.

"Should I get out of this room?"

(to be continued)