Ten Candles | Part 2 END

(TW: Horror)

Haeju decided to turn on the electricity. 

She opened her room's door slowly, looking at the pitch dark of the dorm. The only light that helped her see was from her phone's screen. At the end of the hallway, she also could see the light from a window in the main room. She needed to go there fast.

While she was walking forward, Haeju could hear something shaking near her. But there was no storm outside yet. She looked back but nothing was there. She wasn't sure because it was dark. 'Is there anyone inside?' Haeju thought. She hoped not.

As soon as Haeju reached the main room, a floating wooden chair greeted her from the middle of the room. There was no string or anything attached or anything like that. She didn't even remember if they owned that chair.

The room becomes clear for a few seconds when the lightning flashes from the window. She realized there were candles on the floor. It was burning and circling the chair. Haeju didn't know why but she immediately counted the candles. There were 10 of them.

As she looked around the room, she noticed there was a silhouette of a person. It had long hair and wasn't much taller than Haeju. Haeju couldn't identify her face as her hair was covering her face. 'Isn't that someone that she saw from the window before? Or is it one of the members?'

Haeju's lips were trembling, "Tzuyu?"

That person lifted her head and smiled. That exact creepy smile that she saw before. While maintaining the expression, she walked towards Haeju. The latter couldn't move her body. It was like the bloodstream in her body was frozen. That person gave the chair a gentle push, then it rotated in the air. She was still smiling.

"Stop! Hey! What do you want?"

She stared at Haeju with her eyes under her hair. Then her mouth mumbled something as if she was reciting a spell. The fire on the candles got brighter. The chair spun faster. Haeju was trying to run away but she couldn't even move.

That person walked closer and closer to her. Haeju smelled something nice, like cotton candy, no, maybe flower. It reminded her of Sana. Oh, it's Jasmine! 

That person walked past Haeju. 'What is she doing back there?' Haeju still cannot move. After that, the lightning flashed again from the window. Haeju could see the shadow on the floor. That person was standing still right behind her. Haeju was so scared, but no scream could come out of her mouth.

Suddenly, a pair of freezing hands landed on Haeju's shoulder. That person whispered some weird mumbles in her ears. The hands moved closer to Haeju's neck as if they were going to choke her. Haeju cried. There's nothing she can do. She was ready to die.

Suddenly, the electricity turned back on. Haeju fell to the ground. She checked her back but that person had disappeared. There was no floating chair. There were no ten candles. It felt like it was just a dream but it wasn't. Haeju wasn't on her bed. She was in the main room.

Haeju checked on her phone. It died. She needed to charge it. 'Should I go back to my room?'

Haeju walked back to the hallway. But it was much scarier then, although it was already so bright. She didn't know what was going to happen. 'Is there really anyone in this dorm?'

She reached her room and she charged her phone as soon as possible. Somehow she felt relieved when she saw the screen go back on. Then Haeju walked to the door, trying to close it. But the door stuck. On the floor, she saw a foot that blocked the door. Haeju looked up and saw a smile behind the door, so wide, smiling at her. Haeju screamed so loud then finally fainted out.

That's the only thing she remembers that night. The story that, until today, no other members believe whenever Haeju tells it. The story that makes Haeju cries out of fear every time she sees a candle, reminds her of that haunting smile. The story that Haeju cannot explain herself.

The story that she wishes would never happen again.....