Haeju's Little Secret | Part 5

Haeju...?

Haeju??

Haeju!!!

Haeju... Do you ever feel so happy that you want to jump out of your seat and explode? Do you ever feel so peaceful like an ocean can drown you down deep, deep, very deep to the dead city under the sea? Jump, Haeju, jump! Chaeyoung, what are you doing here? Help me, help me!
Don't pull my hand, help me...

I jump out of my bed in the middle night. I pant. I'm shocked! My mind is a mess for a few moments. Sana and Kkochi are sleeping beside me. I try not to wake them up while I'm coming out of the room and run to get a glass of water from the refrigerator. I take one and let the freezing fluid flows through my throat. "Phew, what a nightmare!" I talk to myself. Everything gets to be clearer after that. I try to control my breath that has been panting from a while ago. I let me just standing there and calming myself so I don't get panic. "Haeju... Haeju... Calm down, Haeju," I suggest myself.

I wonder what people do when they have a nightmare? Are they as panic as me?

I touch my own chest. "I'm drowned by my own sweat. I know I just had a panic attack, but is it impossible to get sweating in a cold temperature on the mountain like this? Hmm, a warm shower would be nice at this moment..." I wanna take my phone but it's in the room. I really don't want to wake anyone so... "Forget it!" I decided to take a bath right away.

After another shower (already twice a day, at this point I might get sick after the trip), I come back to the room to continue sleeping. When I pass the glass door that leads to the balcony, I see a girl in a white dress standing alone why holding the bars. It's all dark there but it seems like she's enjoying the view. The wind blows her long wavy hair and for a second I see her smiling (although it's impossible to see that because I stand so far from her). I wonder why Kkochi's there. Do I wake her up? There's this feeling that telling me it's dangerous to approach her, I don't know why. I don't know if I should trust my hunch but in the end, I do it anyway. I slide the door and walk to her. But then, surprisingly she calls my name without turning her head as if she can sense me.
"Haeju-ssi, please come here. There's something that I wanna tell," she asks me.
I walk and stand beside her. "Kkochi... Do I wake you up?"
"No..."
"-I'm sorry, Kkochi. I'm really sorry," I say again.
"Don't worry, Haeju," she looks at me and smiles. Again. The same comforting smile that I saw in the car. The moment that I knew that she was a nice person.

"Is there something you wanna tell me?" I ask her.
"I'm sure you forget that we've met before," she says.
"Oh? I... I'm sorry, I'm really bad at remembering people. Did we meet in a Twice event? I'm really sorry I-"
"No," she cuts me, "We met at your dorm."
"Oh? We did?"
"Haeju, I have a secret that I wanna tell you. I know I can trust you. Hanging out with you today makes me sure of it. I can trust you, can't I?" she changes her position and looks at me in the eyes.
"Sure, Kkochi. I won't tell anyone I promise," I tell her certainly.
"You can tell Sana about this later, but anyway..." suddenly, Kkochi grabs one of my hand that's hanging on the safety fence. I'm so surprised because her hand is so cold. This is not the cold hand that usually a human usually has. It's like nothing goes through her veins. It feels like it's.... Dead.

I pull out my hand instinctively.  

"What's wrong, Haeju?" she asks. I look at Kkochi, terrified.

(to be cont)