It's Obvious | The Feels (Part 4)

I take my time to breathe normally. I also need to slow down my heartbeat.

After I feel normal again, I look at my list again. I cross Tzuyu's name from the list. "Let's not aim the impossible," I tell myself. I also cross Dahyun's name because she probably goes with Sana anyway. I should stop being delulu and focus on getting a prom date. I look at the class and find someone who I can ask to go. One girl is busy having a snack with various kinds of snacks on her desk. Ah, why not Hirai Momo? She's pretty and on my list. I will be so proud to bring the dance club president on a prom night. I should definitely ask her!

But can I do it?

I walk to her desk and sit on the empty chair in front of her, "Hi, Momo. Are you busy?"
She looks at me, "See for yourself."
"Not busy then?" I say.
"Are you kidding me? My table is full. I even haven't finished the snack in my hand. I haven't touched my drink," she says with her recognizable nasally voice.
"Alright, you're busy. Got it. Just quick then. I wanna ask you something-"
"Uh uh, before you continue, if you want to ask me to share these chips, the answer is no. If you're gonna ask me to a prom night, the answer is also no," she says.
"Oh... Wow. Okay..." I'm surprised by what I just heard. Rejected even before asking.
"So? Are you gonna ask something or just wasting my time?" she says.
"Ah... I was actually going to ask you if... I can actually get a taste of your snack," I say. She stares at me. I wanna keep it cool but every time she moves got me frozen. I get so shy, it's obvious.
"Well, you know the answer," she says.
"Yes........"

She looks at me again for a couple of seconds, "Hahaha! Just kidding, Haeju."
"Eh?"
"You can take my snack. Just choose anything," she says.
"Ah... Really? Thank you," I can't believe I actually got a snack from her. But this is not what I'm aiming for. But it's a free snack, so...
"Good choice! I like that one," she says when I take one of her unopened snacks, "Remember, I give it to you just because you're a nice person, okay?"
"Got it."
"You're also pretty," she says again.
"Ah, no... You're prettier," I tell her.
"Well, that one I can't correct," she says.
"Huh? Okay... Uhm, by the way, so you already have a prom date, Momo?" I ask while opening my snack.
"Sure I do," she answers.
"May I know who?"
"Umm... It's a secret."
"Really?" I ask her, "Well, is it a girl or boy?"
"...Or non-binary?" she adds.
"Or non-binary," I correct myself.
"Nah, it's not non-binary. My date... I'm pretty sure she's a girl," she says.
"Ah, okay..."
"Well, how about you, Haeju? Have you found the one?" she asks.

Because Momo doesn't wanna share a thing about her date, I end up ranting about how I haven't found anyone to bring to the prom night. After a little chit-chat with her, I come back to my desk. I open my diary and cross Momo's name from the list. And then I realize there are only two names left: Jihyo and Nayeon.

Park JIhyo, the active member of this school's committee, or Im Nayeon, the only daughter of our school's headmaster.

Hmm, who should I choose?