Twice's DnD | Part 6

They're all trying to be stealthy, but unfortunately Tzuyu drops one of the goblin statue, "Oops!" Tzuyu says.

"Grrr," the creature wakes up. They look at the sound but cannot locate the group. They cannot see each others since it's very dark.

"Guys, I think we wake it up," Haeju says, doesn't even bother to whisper.
"I guess so," Chaeyoung replies.
"What should we do???" Sana screams.
"Oh my lord, I'm doomed," the goblin says.
"I have an idea," Tzuyu says, " How about me and Haeju run to find torch then come back here so we can fight it. If we run, they'll probably will catch us anyway. So, I think we will at advantage by get prepared for a fight. How about that?"
"Okay, I agree. We have to protect the goblin. Haeju, you bring the goblin to a safer place near the end of the cave. Tzuyu, you run along to protect them both. Sana and I will wait for you here, getting ready for a battle," Chaeyoung says.
"Roger that, c'mon, Haeju!" Tzuyu says.
"Let's go, sir," Haeju politely takes her hand and then three of them run to the end of the tunnel.

"Grr... Rawr!!!" the creature sounds angry. But they can sense that it's not running towards Haeju and Tzuyu. Sana takes out his rapier and Chaeyoung with his crossbow.

At the brighter side, Tzuyu takes one of the torch on the wall easily. Haeju says, "Sir, go run away! We will fight this monster," But the goblin is so shocked that he cannot run away. Tzuyu and Haeju decide to run back to Sana and Chaeyoung to fight the monster.

Now that they can see the monster clearly, Haeju notices that it's a Basilisk. She's read it somewhere and recognizes the thorns behind her back. It's the size of a rhino but with 6 legs and a tail. Chaeyoung also realizes that it's an young Basilisk that has a deadly gaze. It's probably the reason why there are statues of goblins. They're all petrified.

Also, behind the basilisk, Tzuyu realized that there's a huge stone behind that creature.

Initiative roll:
Basilisk 11
Tzuyu 10
Chaeyoung 7
Haeju 3
Sana 1

The basilisk looks at them all. They Chaeyoung, Haeju, and Tzuyu look back and suddenly feel that they cannot move their bodies. They're all petrified! The basilisk looks at Sana, but her eyes are empty. It's like her brain are not working well. So, she doesn't feel anything.

The basilisk attacks Tzuyu who brings the torch and tries to attack her. It's kinda struggling to avoid the fire, so it misses.

Sana walks towards and tried to slice the Basilisk but it misses as well, she's too clumsy. But that's good because when the Basilisk tries to hit Sana, she's too shocked and failed to bite Sana. But it looks at Sana and she becomes petrified with her rapier on his hands.

After that shocking experience, Tzuyu manages to move her body again entirely. She's freed again. So is Chaeyoung, with her willpower to move again. 

The basilisk now tries to attack Sana again and this time it doesn't miss. She manages to bite her unmoving leg. Sana screams in pain.

Looking at that, Tzuyu quickly takes her club from her back and hits the Basilisk on the head. It hits, but it doesn't feel like the affects much. It looks at Tzuyu and she cannot move her body again.

Chaeyoung pulls his bow and aims at the Basilisk. It realizes that and throws her gaze at her. But still, with her willpower, she manages move and shoot an arrow and the basilisk. This time it gives a huge damage as it perfectly lands under her left eye. The basilisk screams, the same time Chaeyoung yells, "Yes!!!"

The basilisk's jaws are opened and Sana's leg freed from its bite. With that huge amount of pain, Sana fights the gaze and moves away from the beast. She takes her flute, looks at Tzuyu, and decides to plays a fast song to motivate her up.

That genuine energy that flows through Sana's magical flute makes Tzuyu is powerful enough to looks at the Basilisk. It looks back and attacks Tzuyu. It bites and leaves a heated mark on Tzuyu's left leg.

This time, Tzuyu hits the head from the different angle. She swings her club and punches its right cheek until it falls to the ground. Chaeyoung adds that but moving towards the monster and shoots her arrow at her neck. 

The basilisk cries in pain before it lost its power and dies.

But what they don't realize that another same creature has waken up from behind the huge stone. 

Initiative roll:
Basilisk 11
Tzuyu 10
Chaeyoung 7
Haeju 3
Second Basilisk 1
Sana 1

Haeju still cannot move from her place. She's so afraid to see another Basilisk comes out. It looks at her directly and Haeju gets more frozen.

The other basilisk decides to attack Chaeyoung who's the closest to it. It roars and then tries to bite her. Chaeyoung is a tiny halfling so she's agile enough to dodge that attack. Unfortunately, she's too shocked that her aim missed its target. The arrow moves far from the Basilisk.

Tzuyu looks at the Basilisk but now somehow the gaze doesn't affect her anymore. She swings her club and nudges the creature a little bit. It seems stronger than the previous one.

Sana looks at Haeju who cannot move since the beginning. She decides to play his flute again, more soft this time, to gives Haeju inspiration to be able to move. Hearing that, slowly Haeju can move her fingers. The Basilisk stares at her but Haeju stares back. She's ready to attack.

The basilisk tries to hit Chaeyoung again. She bites arm and it hurts so much. It feels like its bite is poisonous, "Aaaaargh!"

Sana cannot attack the animal from her place, so she decides to cast a spell. She plays the flute to the basilisk and, magically, it stands up in freeze. It looks like it's hypnotized by Sana's melody. It smiles wide with her tongue comes out of it, like a little puppy who sees its owner.

"Guys, the monster is hostile now," Sana tells the others, "For the next 24 hours, it will think that we mean no harm to them. Unless we attack it, of course, then the spell ends."
"Oh really? Good job, Sana!" Haeju says.
"Hmm, but we have to kill this thing. We have to prove to Mina that we can handle a monster like this. Not like our previous lost," Tzuyu says.
"I agree, but if the spell lasts for one day, let's take a rest first and heal ourselves. Tzuyu, you guys are all bleeding hard right now," Chaeyoung says.
"That's true..."
"Let's take a rest then..."
"Yeah..."
"How about the creature?"
"Let's just leave it here. It might go sleep again."
"Okay, so... Let's go?"

While holding each others, four of them walk to the bright side of the tunnel. They walk until they see a bright light at the exit. 

"Be ready guys, we don't know what's outside," Chaeyoung says.

While in full focus, they get out of the tunnel. They're all mesmerized with what they see. It's not just what they've been looking for, but something unexpected is happening right in front of them.

What are they seeing?

(to be continued)