Haeju's Little Secret | Part 1

"Why do I choose you?"

One day on a peaceful afternoon, the sun shines brightly through the window of my room. It's so hot outside that people decide not to leave their room. The leaves on a tree are blown by the weak wind that doesn't make the weather feels less terrible. That's why I stay inside, with Twice's one and only Taurus member.

She is sitting on the floor. Chaeyoung avoids the sun by sitting on the side that the sun doesn't touch. It's a really hot day that we turn on the aircon at its lowest temperature. It's really hot outside so we decided to just chill inside the dorm. 

My new bestie is busy drawing, as usual, and I, myself, am continuing my fanfic. We're so focused on what we do that it's so quiet. Sometimes we say something random tho. The other one will respond afterward but mostly we're just so quiet. You know what? Deep inside, I know she's not ignoring me and she knows I'm not ignoring her. I like this... It's moderate when two persons having fun together by having a good conversation or doing some intense activities, but it's rare when we can just sit with someone without saying anything yet we still feel comfortable.

At least, it's rare to meet someone makes me this comfortable. Chaeyoung is different.

"I wonder why..." Chaeyoung says as if she can read my mind. She can't be. She doesn't have some psychic ability like me, right?
"Uhh, why what?" I ask her to confirm what's on my mind.
"I feel comfortable with you but I can't find a specific reason. I wonder why, Haeju," she looks at me seriously with her small and cute face, waiting for an answer. There's this feeling that comes every time she looks at me in the eyes like that. I feel like she wants me. I feel like I'm special for her. My heart beats faster because of that. Oh, now I'm wondering as well. I understand what she's indirectly asking me.
"...Is it because we have some in common? I wonder," I hear she's still talking.
"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I come back to my sense.
"Hhh..." she's annoyed because she thinks that I'm not listening. Chaeyoung repeats her question, "Why do I choose to be with you today, Ju? WHY DO I CHOOSE YOU?" She's so cute when she's mad. Oh my God, get a hold of yourself, Ju!
I smirk to hear her question. Not because of how cute she says it lol, but it's because I know the exact answer. "Ohh, the reason is more than we share something in common, Chaeyoung-a," I tell her.
"What do you mean?"
"Hmm~ Should I tell you?" I look at the ceiling and pretend that I'm thinking.
"Haha... Tell me! I don't like to be hanged," she says.
"Should I tell youu~ It's a secret, Chaeyoung, mianhaeee~"
"What secret?!!" she sounds annoyed.
"So... Sorry, I can't. Hehe..." I say.
"Ohhh, C'mon! I hate you, Ju," she says.
"No, but seriously," I change my tone of voice. I look at her eyes and try to look very serious. "I really can't."
"Why?" she challenges me.
I take a moment to answer. I act annoying again. "Because it's a secreeet~ I wanna keep it a secret from you, so you will be curious about it and that makes you keep thinking about me. Hehe..."
"Ya!!!" she yells at me. She's smiling but I know she's kinda annoyed because of that.

But, seriously tho, I think I really shouldn't tell Chaeyoung about this. I'm still traumatic and I'm really done with ti. I'm sorry, Chaeyoung, I really can't tell you this secret...

...Because it's something that I've buried in the past.

(to be cont)