34

Morning's for the O'Conner were always the most hetic

Morning's for the O'Conner were always the most hetic. And this morning was no expection. Tesha had stolen Jack and Olivia's phones meaning the two teenagers were running after her yelling at her to give them back. Tesha was about to run into another room when Brian stepped out of the room and grabbed her phones off her.
"Thanks dad." Olivia said going to take her phone.
"Uh no." Brian says moving the phones back so the two couldn't reach them. "Although Tesha shoudn't have taken them, she just wanted to pay with you guys, so you guys are going to play with her until we leave to see uncle Jakob. I will give you the phones back in the car."
The two teenagers groan put none the less go and sit in the living room with Tesha.
"Hey." Violet says as Brian walks into the kitchen.
"Hey." He replies kissing her on the head.
"Are the kids ready to go?" Violet asks.
"Yeah, their in the living room playing right now." Brian answers.
"Wow, how did you get Jack and Olivia off their phones? I swear they were just chasing after Tesha for stealing them." Violet says.
"I toke them." Brian says placing the phones on the table.
"Oh so that's what all the yelling was about." Violet says. "Would have never guessed."
"Why not?" Brian asks.
"You aren't exactly the strictest parent." Violet says with a laugh.
"Hey. Neither are you." Brian says.
"Yeah, but I'm more strict then you." Violet says, with a small smirk, knowing she was right.
Fine, yes you are more strict then me." Brian says, walking towards her and kissing her.
"Wish I didn't walk in on that." They pull apart at their oldest daughters voice.
They turn to see her leaning against the counter smirking.
"And what are you smirking about?" Violet asks.
"Am I not allowed to just be happy?" Olivia questions.
"Of course you're allowed to be happy, but why are you smirking like you've done something?" Brian asks.
"I'm just happy." Olivia says grabbing an apple from the bowl the hotel had put out for them.
Olivia gives her parents one last smile before walking back into the living room.
"She definitely did something." Brian says looking back at his wife.
"Yes she did." Violet says before pointing to the counter were the phones just were. "She toke hers and Jack's phones."
"Come on." Brian sighs spotting the phones were gone.
"We definitely raised her right." Violet says, half jokingly, half seriously.
"We'll considering the life we have, we definitely did." Brian says.
Violet laughs before turning to finish what she had been doing before Brian had entered the kitchen.
"I can't wait for you to finally meet Jakob." Violet admits.
"I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also nervous as hell." Brian says causing Violet to laugh.
"Baby. Dom likes you, right?" Violet asks.
"Yeah." Brian says, unsure of where his wife was going.
"Then you shouldn't have a problem with Jakob liking you." Violet says.
"I hope you're right." Brian says.
"When am I ever wrong?" Violet asks.
"Well..." Brian says.
"Brian Edward O'Conner." Violet warns causing Brian to laugh.
"I'm joking, babe." Brian says laughing, kissing the side of his wife's head.
"You are very lucky that I love you." Violet tells him.
"I know I am." Brian says with a small laugh.
"Can you go tell the kids to get their shoes and coats while I finish up in here." Violet asks.
"Of course." Brian says pecking his wife's lips before going to the living room.

__________

"We're going to see Uncle Jakob." Olivia shouts from the back seat of the rental car.
"How long until we get there?" Jack asks.
"He lives just down this street." Violet answers, as she turns onto the street Jakob lived.
"I'm surprised dad isn't throwing a fit on not being able to drive." Olivia says with a laugh.
"Same." Tesha agrees.
"I just don't know where Jakob lives so it makes sense for mom to drive." Brian says from the passenger seat.
"And we're here." Violet says pulling up in front of Jakob's house.
"Yay!" The three kids in the back cheer as they all undo their seatbelts.
The all get out of the car and go up to the door.
"Can I knock?" Tesha asks.
"Of course you can." Violet says.
Tesha smiles before knocking on the door.
After a few moments Jakob answers the door.
"Hey." Jakob says, with a wide smile.
"Hey J." Violet says, hugging her brother. "This is my husband Brian. This is the oldest Jack, middle Olivia, and youngest Tesha."
"I've been waiting to meet you all for so long. It's nice to finally be able to." Jakob says giving each of the kids a hug and shaking hands with Brian.
"Nice to meet you to." Brian says.
"We'll don't just stand there come on in." Jakob says before they all walk into the house.
Violet couldn't be happier that the brother who raised her, has finally met her husband and kids.