041

"Mom! Hurry up!""I'm coming

"Mom! Hurry up!"
"I'm coming. I'm coming."
Violet walks out the house and over to the car where her family were waiting for her.
"What toke you so long?" Brian questions his wife, as she sits in the passanger seat of the car.
"I was just on the phone with Jakob." Violet says.
"Is he coming today?" Brian asks.
"No sadly he can't, he's out of town." Violet says, as Brian starts the car.
It had been a couple months since Violet had become suspiscious about her family hiding something from her. In those couple months Jakob had moved back to LA. So while the O'Conner family lived an hour from LA, Jakob had moved into a house that was a ten minute walk from the house Violet had grown up in, the same house Dom, Mia, Letty, Nico and Little B currently lived in.
"Oh, I was really hoping to see uncle Jakob today." Olivia says, as Brian pulls out of the drive way and starts driving down the street.
"Why? So you can pester him about getting a girlfriend again?" Jack asks.
"No. Because he's my uncle." Olivia says.
"Even I knew this not true, Liv." Tesha says.
"It's it!" Olivia says. "But maybe part of the reason is also so I can pester him about getting a girlfriend."
"Called it." Jack shouts.
"Did you know, Dom's started teaching Little B to drive?" Violet asks, mostly to her husband but the kids still hear.
"What? LittleB's allowed to drive and I'm not?" Jack asks.
"You're still to young, J." Violet tells him.
"Little B is years younger then me." Jack points out.
"We know, but have you met your uncle Dom?" Brian asks.
"He's got a point." Olivia says, pulling her headphones out of her bag.
"Thanks, Liv." Brian says.
"Yeah, yeah. Now don't talk to me. I'm listening to my music." Olivia says.
Violet looks at quietly laughing, as they continue on their way to LA.

__________

When the O'Conners arrived to the barbecue, everyone was there apart from Dom, Mia, Little B and the Toretto's Abuelita.
After they had been there for a little while Dom and Little B get back.
"Auntie Vi!" Little B shouts, running over to Violet after talking to Letty.
"Hey, B." Violet replies, hugging her nephew.
"Hi Buddy." Brian says.
"Uncle Brian!" Little B says, hugging Brian.
"How did you driving lesson with your dad go today?" Violet asks.
"It was really good." Little B says.
"Are you drifting yet?" Letty asks walking over.
"Yes. You should have seen me. It was so cool. Mom." Little B says, causing Letty and Violet to share a look at what he had just called Letty.
"That's great!" Brian says. "Well done."
"Thanks." Little B says.
"Still can't believe how you can drive and I can't." Jack says.
"Will you stop going on about that?" Olivia asks.
"Hey guys. I'm going into the house to play with a few video games while we wait for my mum and Abuelita to get here.Want to come in?" Nico asks, coming over.
"Uhm... of course." Jack says.
Little B and Tesha agree before the four of them walk into the house, Olivia goes to grab a drink from the table before heading inside as well.
"Hey guys!" Roman says, as him, Tej, Ramsey and Han walk over.
"Hey Rome!" Violet replies.
"Perfect you say that actually." Roman says, causing the couple to look at him confused.
"Oh god, here we go." Tej says.
"What are you guys going on about?" Brian asks.
"We have a mission in Rome. We leave tonight. Are you guys in?" Roman asks.
"Wait? When's the mission?" Violet asks.
"In a couple days." Ramsey says.
"Olivia's going to be there then." Violet says, looking at Brian.
"We'll make sure that she stays out of the way." Han reassures them.
"We've got to stay back to look after Jack and Tesha. But thanks for offering. But, just know if anything gets out of hand call us straight away and one of will be right out." Brian tells them.
"Thank you." Roman says. "But I'm leading the mission so I don't think that will be happening."
Violet then leans into Ramsey who was stood next to her.
"You have my number, right?" Violet asks, causing Ramsey to laugh.
Roman gives them an annoyed look.

Before long Mia and Abuelita arrives and they were all sat around the table about to eat when Abuelita stands up.
"Okay everyone! Abuelita would like to make a toast." Mia announces, causing everyone to turn to Abuelita.
"So, uhm... As I..." Abuelita starts, but gets cut off by Roman eating.
Violet stretches her leg out and stands on his foot.
"Ow!" Roman says.
"Shut it!" Violet tells him, in a whisper yell. "Sorry Abuelita, please continue."
"As I look out at this family. I am filled with so much pride. The kind of pride that my son... your father would have enjoyed if he were here. I know the road has been hard and also not fair. And yet, here you are despite all of the odds, building this magnificent legacy. It's a legacy that will go on for generations. No one can take it away.  Ever." Abuelita says, causing everyone to smile.
Every cheers before Abuelita sits down and the group start eating.

Violet was talking with Mia and Ramsey, when Dom asked Brian to talk to him in private. Violet asks what it was about, but Dom brushed it off as the two men stand up. Violet watches them leave before turning back to Mia and Ramsey.
"What was that about?" Ramsey asks.
"No idea." Violet says, before taking a sip of her beer.

"Hey, D." Violet says, walking into the garage, just after Han had walked out.
"Hey, Vi." Dom replies.
"Uhm... what were you talking to Brian about earlier?" Violet asks.
"Nothing important." Dom answers.
"If it's nothing important why don't you just tell me?" Violet questions.
"Vi, honestly it's fine." Dom tells her.
Before Violet could say anything Abuelita appears at the enterance of the garage.
"You're father would be so proud of you. Of all of you. All four of his children." Abuelita says.
"Thanks, Abuelita." Violet says, going over and hugging her.
"You know. He always said the best decision he made was adopting you." Abuelita tells her.
"I'm sorry?"