2nd chapter - Tranquility

Garreth grabbed his backpack, took one of his moped helmets and gave me mine.

"Dad, what did you want?" "Sorry to interrupt whatever it was you were doing, but really I just wanted to know what you guys fancied for dinner."

"You don't have to plan us in, we're going to Caelie's," Garreth said, holding his helmet up. "Gary, you're not going to drive like that!" "Don't worry, Ma. We'll push it, but we want to drive to Exeter later or tomorrow, so I'm taking everything with me right now." "What do you want in Exeter?"

"We want to buy con...uuum, just want to buy some things." he stammered out a little clumsily.

"And what's going on there with you now? What unfortunately I had to see there was more than just your usual messing around, wasn't it?" asked Mr. Weasley, looking at us.

"Caelie's my girlfriend." he said proudly, taking my hand before turning to me a moment later, startled, "Or aren't you?"

I had to laugh. He was so adorable. "Yes. Of course l am," I said softly, squeezing his hand a little tighter.

"Then Caelie, please watch him. Tell him to stop that fucking weed finally. It's not good for him," Mrs Weasley said, looking at me almost pleadingly. "Yes ma'am, I'll try." "Caelie, just call me Gwen. You've been in and out of this place for twelve years. Cut the formality." she said, smiling at me.

"Well then, enjoy your weekend. I'll see you Sunday evening then, right Gary?" "At least to get my stuff for school. I don't know what happens now." he laughed and pulled me out the front door.

He took his moped, put our stuff on it, and started pushing it towards me.

I lived at the other end of the small village of Ottery St Mary in a small apartment building. 

Hand in hand we walked to my house. It was really strange and somehow it felt absolutely surreal.

Again and again we stopped and kissed.

But all of a sudden we heard a voice behind us, "Eww, disgusting, now the nerdy ginger is fucking the ugly emo girl." shouted a boy who was in the year below us.

Garreth's expression tightened when we saw that the guy had secretly photographed us. He was about to rush towards him, but this little coward ran away and I held Garreth close.

"It doesn't matter. There are only two months left. We'll be out of here by then anyway. And besides, would you have held back at school?" "No, probably not." 

"Then it's all right. Then they can gossip now and hopefully shut the fuck up on Monday," I said, stopping again to kiss Garreth.

"And besides, I'm not ashamed of you," I said quietly. "I'm not ashamed of you either. You're the only interesting girl here." "Then it's all good." "I just don't want them talking bad about you, Caels." "Oh it's all good, it's almost done."

When we arrived at my house, I looked at my mobile phone. Two messages from schoolmates who were not entirely negative towards me indicated that the picture was already doing the rounds.

"Cunts.", I grumbled as I flopped down on my bed, "Do you think it gets better in Inverness?" "Sure. I went to visit my aunt there once. We don't stand out in a big city like that. Alone in Exeter, we're practically invisible," he replied, pulling me to him.

Together we cuddled for a while until hunger overcame us.

We went downstairs and put on our helmets. I snuggled against Garreth's back and a few minutes later, we arrived safely in Exeter.