45th Chapter - Peer

Arwyn showed us around the castle grounds and gardens. He showed us all the things he and Rhys had planted and built here over the summers, a small swimming lake and three horses on which he, Rhys and Rachel used to ride all the time, but which were now getting on in years and could therefore enjoy their retirement on a huge meadow.

Then we went back to the castle where Arwyn continued the tour.

Afterwards Garreth took his leave to be home before nightfall, and Arwyn took me to his rooms and combed my hair. He undid Sebastian's collar for me and fitted me with jewellery that was clearly too expensive.

He looked a little nervous. "What guests are there, by the way?", I asked as he was just walking back through his antechamber.

"My paternal grandfather, who was a Welsh earl until he relinquished the title to my father. My uncle, so my dad's little brother, who was pretty keen on the place here when my dad died, and who argued with the rest of the family when I was still in hospital for my wounds on my face, because I'd still be too young for the title of duke. His wife and my three cousins. Then my other two aunts with their children and husbands. These members of the family are very dear and were very supportive of me at the time."

"And why are they all there?" "Because tomorrow would be my father's birthday and since he died they all gather here to remember him. They always do that when the reigning Duke dies. So one day when I die too, the family will gather here over the 12th of October."

"That's a nice tradition." "Actually, yes, but my uncle and his three children use the occasion to show that they are much more deserving of my position. And that's why we both need to shine too. I hate to give you such rules of conduct, but in this case it is necessary.

Therefore, please behave in a reserved and pleasantly submissive manner. Don't talk much. Of course, you only have one partner, but I think that's self-explanatory. Feel free to talk about your studies and that you live in Inverness." "How did we meet?" "I'd say at the end of last summer in Edinburgh.... at a city festival. I bumped into you, you dropped your fish and chips. I then bought you another portion and we got talking. We exchanged phone numbers and kept in touch.

Then we met again and again, and at the beginning of the year we became a couple. Then I couldn't stand the longing any more, and moved with my brother to the far north, where Rhys has also found a partner. They know he's homosexual. Since he's not the Duke, no one cares about his sexuality."

"It all sounds very complicated." "I know. That's why, try to restrain yourself. All these stupid rules are absolutely outdated, but my family definitely values it. You just have to act it. When we retire at night, we can happily fuck around on drugs all night, but for family time, we have to act like we're super well-behaved and responsible," Arwyn said, putting his hands on my cheeks.

"So, stay by my side at all times, and preferably hook yourself in my arms so no one can separate you from me and verbally back you into a corner." "Okay." "You sit next to me at the head of the table. Rhys will sit opposite you and only then will the others come. If anyone asks when we're getting married, or when we're going to work on having children, we'll say we're taking it slow, and having children won't be a thing until then either. We can handle it.", Arwyn said and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

Arwyn took my hand and pulled me into his bedroom. Now there was a small table with a large mirror.

"I just let Rachel buy anything you could use," he said softly as his cheeks turned pink.

"So now I really feel like a princess.", I laughed and sat down on the chair by the mirrored table. "Yes, on the subject of princesses.", he said and walked out of the bedroom. He came back with a small tiara in his hand and smiled shyly at me.