37th Chapter - Home

Sebastian hit Arwyn and I heard a strange cracking sound. As Sebastian was about to punch again, I jumped in between.

"What are you doing?!", I shouted as Garreth grabbed Sebastian's arms.

"Caelie, this guy lied to us ruthlessly." "Still, he didn't deserve this!", I said angrily, grabbing a tissue and starting to dab at Arwyn's bleeding nose, even though his body told me he was fighting with himself not to get aroused.

"Caelie, are you serious? You're standing by him?" asked Garreth, looking at me in shock.

"I'm not standing by anyone, but I know that at least it's not right to hit someone just because they have feelings." "I didn't hit him because he has feelings for you, I hit him because he lied to me and took you under a false excuse," Sebastian said, sounding similarly angry to Ominis.

"Would you have said yes if he had told you the truth?!" "No." "And you're surprised he lied?!" "Stop defending him or the three of you can go and piss off right now," Sebastian said coolly as Garreth and I looked at him in horror.

"You want to kick me out?", I said quietly. "You're hardly giving me much choice." "Seb, stop. You're clearly going too far," Garreth said.

"I'm going too far? Caelie throws herself at the first bastard she meets, but I go too far? ME?! Oh, fuck you," Sebastian said, storming out of the living room.

"Fuck.", I said quietly. "I'm really sorry, Caelie. I think it's better if I go.", Arwyn said quietly and stood up.

"That's bullshit. Sit down again.", Garreth said to my great astonishment, "Seb had suspected something like that, and had tried to talk himself out of it. But Caelie, why? Why anyone else?"

"I don't know." "What does he have that we don't? Is it the money? Or the title?" "Bullshit, no. I didn't know that either, before. I don't know why I feel that way, but it doesn't matter, my feelings for Arwyn don't change my feelings for you."

"So how do you want to handle this in the future? Are you going to move away?" "For fuck's sake. NO! For me, things could stay the way they are now, except I'll be away for a weekend now and then every few weeks or something," I said, taking Garreth's hand.

"I don't want to take Caelie away from you, Garreth. I know she's not fully happy without you two. And I really just want everyone to be happy," Arwyn said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Rhys, what's your opinion?" asked Garreth. "I don't really care about any of this, but I am happy if my brother is happy".

Garreth walked over to Sebastian and I heard them both talking to each other. Garreth seemed to get quite pissed off in the discussion with Sebastian and so by now I heard Garreth a bit louder "You take two polyamorous partners and then fault them for being polyamorous, Seb. Don't you understand how absurd that is? It's hypocritical to expect us to make an exception just for you, Seb. Caelie can't help her feelings for him." hissing, as Arwyn and I looked at each other a little desperately.

I didn't want to have to choose. It absolutely couldn't come to that. I didn't want to lose anyone. I felt myself start to cry as Sebastian and Garreth were now still arguing. Arwyn slid against me and rested his head on my shoulder while he tried to calm me down.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for something like this to happen," he said softly, when suddenly I heard Garreth almost shouting, "YOU dare to be pissed? Sebastian, I was Caelie's sole partner. I would be the only one who had even the slightest right to be upset because we didn't know then that we are the way we are. YOU knew it from the beginning and yet you dare to threaten her with a break up? Are you completely fucking stupid?! I know how she feels. But it's not her fault! If you don't get it, then just shut the fuck up... She was MY girlfriend, Sebastian. MINE! I waited for her all these years and still I didn't act like the last fucking jealous idiot when she realised her poly love!... Yeah, he lied then. I got it. For fuck's sake, stop acting like a saint."