56th Chapter - Vices

"It's so good to have you home," Sebastian said as Arwyn parked in the driveway at home and pressed oodles of little kisses into Garreth's and my faces.

Sebastian's face was beaming, and he looked genuinely happy. Rhys, by now dressed in women's clothes that didn't belong to me, stood in the front doorway, grinning back at us.

As Sebastian finished with us, Garreth skipped joyfully to the house and welcomed Rhys with a rather intense hug and several long kisses.

Arwyn went straight for his laptop and sat on the rocking chair in the living room as he started to get back to duke things while Garreth and I recounted what had been going on.

Late in the afternoon Sebastian took my hand and pulled me into the garden.

"Ominis has written to me. He says he would like to meet with me. I just don't know if I should do that. I wanted to know your opinion about it." he said, putting an arm around my back.

"So what's your feeling?" "I don't know. On one hand, I want this whole thing to be cleared up but on the other hand, I still have so much anger inside me." "If you really don't know, I would suggest you try. You can still go home if you don't feel like it or get too angry."

"You'll have to come with me though, please. I can't do this alone, Caelie." "Of course I'll go with you. No problem at all." "You're the best. Honestly.", Sebastian said and took me in a tight hug.

"Then I'd agree to go tomorrow to see him.", Sebastian said afterwards, and gave me a kiss on my hair.

Sebastian then decided to go for a jog with Rhys and Garreth. They tried to persuade Arwyn to join him, and I even think his current mood was one of the reasons Sebastian had suggested the jog, but Arwyn vehemently refused, and also yelled a little at all three of them that they should just allow him some rest before he locked himself in his office.

I had to take it easy because of my rib fracture, so I stayed on the sofa while the other three went out the door.

A short time later, Arwyn came out of his office again and sat down in front of the sofa with his laptop.

"I'm sorry, but I don't need any pity distractions," he said quietly, "I just need time to process everything." "You don't have to apologise to me." "That's true, but you're the only one I can really talk openly to," he said, letting his head fall back and rest against my thighs, "I understand why they do it, and the other way around I'd try to distract the person too, because I think it's really sweet too, but I'd love to just lay under my glass dome right now and stay up all night watching the stars or something."

"So do that." "Maybe that really is the most sensible thing to do. Come on then, let's get our stuff together," Arwyn said, beaming at me again. "I can't come with you, sorry. Sebastian needs me tomorrow." "Oh." "I'm sorry." "Don't be. I think that's probably one of the few negatives of a polyamorous relationship. But you really don't have to be sorry. I can't always claim you for my own." "You could ask Garreth if he wants to come along, if you can stand his company too." "Is he calmer when there are two of you with him?" "If he's too hyper for you, you can tell him that and he'll try to keep his mouth shut too."

"I don't know if that's right either. I mean, let's not kid ourselves, there would certainly be physicality and I don't want that. No, I think I'll go on my own for now, and then I can always send for him when I've thought it over and want to talk to him" "You're not angry with me, are you?" "Nonsense." he said and took my hand. He looked at me and smiled a little, "I know I'm already claiming you the most even though we have the youngest relationship. Sometimes I just forget that you are not mine alone. And besides, it gives me time to play my cello, highly concentrated on Ritalin, this evening. I think I'll take that with me on the way back here."