41st Chapter - Spring

"You texted me that I should call," I said, a little irritated. "Oh, of course. Hello Caelie. Ominis here. I didn't want Sebastian to get mad when he saw my name on your phone. I got your number from Anne. Are you alone?" "Right now yes, what do you want?"

"I've been thinking about our conversation at noon today and I have a few questions for you." "Then ask them and we'll find out if I can answer them for you."

"You meant that he did the Stuart thing for me. Did he say so himself?" asked Ominis continuing in his quiet and almost shy voice.

"Yes. He meant that he couldn't stand Stuart hurting you anymore." "And why?" "Because he loved you." "Do you think he was telling the truth about that?" "Yes, but why do you ask?" 

"Because I'm trying to understand what happened." "But according to Sebastian, you know how he felt about you." "Yes, but I didn't believe him." "Why not?" "Because he kept telling Stuart he loved him, too. And then he killed him. How did he really feel about Stuart?"

"To us, he said he'd taken advantage of Stuart. He would have found him quite attractive, but nothing more." "And to me?" "That's when he explicitly said that you were the first boy he really fell in love with." "Thank you Caelie. Then I won't bother you any further. Have a nice rest of the weekend." said Ominis and hung up.

This was an extremely strange conversation. I was just wondering whether I should tell Sebastian about the conversation when he was already standing behind me and grinning at me.

"What's going on?" he asked me and the grin disappeared from his face, "Caelie, who were you talking to?" "Ominis." "Why were you talking to Ominis?" "He had asked me questions, about you and Stuart." "Did you answer him?" "Yes." "Why? Why are you giving him information about me? What if he goes to the cops with it?" "No, it wasn't those kind of questions." "THEN START TALKING!"

Sebastian looked like he was fighting with himself not to lose his nerve.

"Are you okay?" asked Garreth, coming out of the kitchen with Arwyn. "Please go back to the kitchen. I need to speak to Caelie alone."

Garreth turned but Arwyn's sceptical gaze lingered on us for a moment until Sebastian looked like he was about to lash out at Arwyn and so I gave Arwyn a definite look that said to leave.

"Seb, Ominis had stopped me briefly at the hospital today and asked if you were taking any substances. I told him that you were only taking your prescribed anti-depressants and that your composure was due to the support Garreth and I were giving you. Then he said that we are only here for you because we would not know the whole truth about you. Then I told him that we knew. Then he was horrified that we were still by your side, and I told him that we would stay that way, because we know that you acted out of desperation at that time. Then I moved on, and now I had a message from someone saying to call him when I'm alone."

"And so you just call a strange number?" "Yes, nothing can happen there." "Then what did he want?" "He wanted to know how you felt about him and about Stuart. Ominis said you told Stuart you loved him too, and that's why he didn't believe you when you said it to him. And he hung up on me after that."

"What a complete idiot. Of course I said it to Stuart to keep him compliant. I know exactly what he's getting at, but that inference is stupid. He can't be serious." "What do you mean?" "He thinks that just because I buttered Stuart up with it, that I lied about it to him too. That would explain a lot, but it's just nonsense. As much as I would have liked it not to be true, I would have to be lying if I said I didn't love him," Sebastian said and went back into the kitchen.

Bound by freckles (Sebastian Sallow x Garreth Weasley x f!MC modern AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें