29th Chapter - Return

Together we drove to my family's flat again. Sebastian was already under his acute medication and accordingly he waited in the car with me, relaxed, while Garreth and Dad went upstairs.

They both came downstairs, Dad with Helia's litter tray and her bowls, while Garreth took Helia downstairs on her leash. It was a strange sight, but Helia was used to walking on a leash. Dad had organised tranquillisers through a vet friend and mixed them into Helia's food, which also made her seem very relaxed.

They took her to my parents' car. Then Garreth got in and off we went. My parents drove first, then us and finally my grandparents.

Sebastian and I sat in the back and cuddled a bit. Even though Sebastian had made great progress, his fear was still there.

We took many breaks, during which we offered Helia the cat litter box, which she accepted and used in an unexpectedly relaxed way.

In the evening we reached Inverness. With Helia and her equipment we went to Sebastian's flat.

Upstairs, Sebastian closed the bedroom door in near panic and ran into the living room armed with a rag to clean up the traces of his mental breakdown at the beginning of the holiday. He hurriedly wiped the dried vomit off the sofa and wiped the remains of cocaine off the living room table before Ellie came upstairs.

"The place is totally nicely decorated," Ellie said excitedly as she looked around.

"I think it's nice too, but it would be a bit too gloomy for me," Dad said with a laugh. "Yeah, I want those two to bring some more life in here too," Sebastian remarked with a smile.

We closed the door of the living room and left Garreth and Helia there while we took the rest upstairs.

"Oh, remarkable." was all Dad said when he went to take our suitcases into the bedroom and saw Sebastian's special set-up. Sebastian turned bright red.

"You have nothing to be ashamed of. I know all this." "All of it?" "Yes. Do you know, I once knew a gentleman who was just like that and gave me detailed recommendations and explanations when he bought something new." "Seriously?" "Sure, we were buddies. We exchanged our experiences on all sorts of things. That ended just when his wife was pregnant. Then the two of them sold everything to use the money to buy baby equipment for the twins that were coming." "My dad?" "Yes. Apparently you can inherit kinks. Didn't know that either," Dad said, laughing out loud.

When we had emptied both cars, we decided to relax for the rest of the evening, so we sat in the living room of Sebastian's flat for a while and watched TV before Sebastian and I took the others to our flat and got a few more things we would need tomorrow anyway.

Later, we snuggled into bed together, where Helia immediately lay down with us.Today Garreth was lying in the middle and we had snuggled up to him and Helia was lying on his stomach.

"I'm very happy right now.", Garreth said softly, "I'm happy even though I lost my parents. Of course I'd rather they were by my side, but I can be happy without them. Without you, however, I can't."

"We live together now," Sebastian said happily. "I love you both so much, you can't imagine," I whispered and gave them both a kiss.

We fell asleep and sure enough, I didn't wake up and I didn't have a bad dream either. It was a really restful night.

The next morning the doorbell rang and Sebastian jumped up."You sleepyheads have to get up. Edvin is here and he says he brought breakfast," Sebastian said and put on fresh underwear.