54th Chapter - Tying

"And you'd like to meet the rest of your family?" asked Yvain, standing up, "Well, there are hardly any blood relatives of yours here. Actually, only Hector." "By family, I mean your family too. After all, you wanted to raise me too." "Then there are a few more, but most of them live in France. 

Darling, do you want to come with me, or do you want to rest?" "Resting would be great, but it wouldn't be fair to leave you to explain it all on your own." "No, that would be totally fine. Why don't I drive us over? Then Dad stays here with you and you rest," Garreth said.

"We don't have to leave right away. I didn't mean it like that. I've waited 20 years, then I'm sure I'll be able to do it for a few more days." "We can't stay here forever, we have jobs, Lord Fancypants." "I pay Nancy a horrendous amount of money for every day you're not there." "That's why you're Lord Fancypants." laughed Garreth as they both leaned against each other and I saw how much they wanted to kiss but stopped.

"It would be easier to let this go if we at least looked a bit alike," Arwyn muttered, embarrassed.

"Then I'd say we meet here tonight for a barbecue with Pelleas and the others. I'll make a quick salad and go shopping and then we'll have a cozy evening. You can bring the Lewis's too if they still want to talk to us." "I'll pass it on." "I'll see you later then. Rest well, Ma."

"And Gary, I didn't throw your stuff away. I just put everything in the basement." "Thanks Ma. I love you both.", Garreth said and pulled the door shut behind him.

Outside they both started crying again and the three of us stood downstairs hugging for a while.

Then we took a deep breath for a moment and went to my house.

Jennie and Ellie ran towards us, "And?" "Mum's been talking to me Jen. It can all be like it used to be. Plus one though." said Garreth, hugging Jennie tightly.

"Were you serious yesterday? About Arwyn being our brother?" "Yes. I was born before your mum, well our mum was with your dad," Arwyn said, smiling kindly at Jennie who turned bright red.

"So Rhys is your brother too?" asked Ellie excitedly. "No, because Rhys has nothing to do with our mum, only my dad, who is, after all, not the Weasleys' dad." "Too bad, I was hoping to draw with him more often. I even drew him a picture." "Well, he's staying at our house, so if you want I can give him the picture." "That would be great. And until then, I'll paint one of you all together," Ellie said, skipping happily back to her room.

"Can we do riddles there though?" asked Jennie, looking at us uncertainly. "Of course. Especially because you're my little sister. I always wanted a little sister," Arwyn said, suddenly looking much younger and more excited than usual.

Garreth and I cuddled up on the sofa and watched TV while Arwyn and Jennie sat on the floor in front of us and puzzled. Ellie was happiest when she could just draw, and so we left her alone.

Arwyn, if he finished sooner than Jennie, looked around a lot and enjoyed all the photos and crafts we gave our parents that they never threw away.

"Your flats are so much livelier than any I've lived in. I think it's really beautiful. I'm also happy when you have all your stuff in the house."

I went upstairs to my room to start getting ready when Garreth snuck up to me.

"Boo.", he said quietly, pretending to scare me, and leaned over my shoulder.

"Well, my beauty." he said, giving me a kiss on the cheek, "I'm really happy right now." "Aren't you angry with your parents?" "No. You know me. I don't hold grudges. And I understand now, after all. It's all pretty hard, but I'm glad we know the truth now. And Arwyn seems really happy and that makes me happy too."