39th Chapter - Routine

Now the daily routine began again. We went back to work, tried to improve our performance at university, and enjoyed our little family at home. The cats got along great, so we didn't have to worry about them getting lonely.

Arwyn and I talked on the phone a little every day after university, and so his absence became easier to bear.

I tried to meditate a little every day before sleeping, as Sebastian had told me to do, and for the first week at least I only had one nightmare. On Saturday morning the doorbell rang and a delivery man brought me a large bouquet of roses.

"These flowers are not the colour of your hair, but unfortunately it takes a while to cultivate a plant. I hope the bouquet reaches you in one piece. The smell of this type of rose reminds me a little of the body lotion you have at home (sorry, I have a fine sense of smell). I miss you very much. After that night in Exeter, I couldn't get you out of my mind, but now I feel like I am longing for you with every single fibre in my body. With all my love, Arwyn."

I walked into the kitchen with the large bouquet of roses and placed them in a vase. Sebastian snuggled up to me from behind and read the card through.

"I'm beginning to understand why you fell in love with him. I'm not a romantic, unfortunately, and Garreth certainly isn't." he said softly, kissing my neck.

"You don't have to be. You are perfect the way you are. I don't even want you to be more romantic. Each of you has a side that the others don't and that's good. Otherwise it would be pretty monotonous." "You said that beautifully. But I know what you mean. You and Garreth have a lot in common too, but just as many differences."

Again and again I looked at that beautiful handwriting as Sebastian hugged me tightly. I really was very lucky with my partners.

I took my mobile phone and thanked him for this charming surprise.

For Valentine's Day, Arwyn sent me an even bigger bouquet of flowers and a very expensive-looking box of chocolates, and I sent him a necklace with a glass pendant filled with my blood. Garreth, Sebastian and I went out for a really nice dinner that evening and enjoyed an evening in peace.

The following weeks passed quickly and with the end of February, the end of winter also slowly announced itself.

I was now sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers every week, and in return I did the only thing I could think of that he might like. I switched to a menstrual cup and collected everything in a container in the freezer, and sent it by express mail to Bristol at the end of my bleeding. 

According to Rhys, when Arwyn received my first shipment he fainted from joy.

Further on Saturdays we went to see Anne in hospital, whose health was currently much improved and who now, even had enough strength to leave her room without her wheelchair, so we sat down in the hospital cafeteria to chat.

When Ominis joined us, Sebastian was unexpectedly relaxed.

You could still feel that there was anger in him, but he was much more relaxed than the first time. As we walked back to Anne's room, Ominis pulled me to her side.

"How come Sebastian is so calm? Is he taking something?" he asked me quietly."No. Just his anti-depressants." "I haven't seen him this calm in many years." "He just knows we're there for him." "Until you know the truth," Ominis said and was about to move on when I held him, "Don't act like that. We know the truth."

"I don't believe you. You wouldn't be here if you did." "We know what he did to you when he caught you and Anne and we know what he did to Stuart. Are there any more truths we need to know about?", I asked. At my question, Ominis stopped and looked genuinely horrified.