47th Chapter - Words

Arwyn introduced us and chatted a bit with both of them.

Neither seemed overly enthusiastic, but Arwyn's love and pride with which he spoke about me enchanted me. Again and again he looked at me with his big grey eyes, and squeezed my hand a little while he talked. Again and again he slurred his words because he spoke unusually fast and excitedly.

Charlotte in particular kept looking at me with a slightly sceptical expression. I tried to sit up straight and pull in my belly to cut a good figure. I wasn't really fat, but next to a woman like Charlotte I felt ugly. And the fact that this young lady was the woman Arwyn was in a relationship with for two years only made it worse.

Why would he jump from such a beauty to a simple girl like me? After all, I was an absolute downgrade.

I felt bad. I felt ugly. Arwyn noticed something was wrong and talked even more lovingly until he suddenly pulled me onto his lap and snuggled up to me.

I tried to listen to him, but my own mental carousel spun over and over again as I tried to understand what it was about me that this wonderful guy found so special. I had no doubt that because of the combination of his fantastic looks, wonderful character and high status, he could pretty much have any woman he wanted. Why did he want me?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Oliver started talking, "But you hardly know each other. A marriage under that condition doesn't stand a good chance of passing," he said, eyeing me before looking first at Arwyn again.

Arwyn's expression darkened considerably, "Don't you think I can do a better job of evaluating the risks?" he asked rather coolly as he looked at my hand.

"Wyn, you've known each other since December through a fetish party. Are you telling me now that this is where you coincidentally meet the woman of your dreams?" "That's exactly what happened. What's your problem?"

"Arwyn, the issue is that you might be rushing into this. Of course she makes you feel good. She's the first to support your perverted desires, but still, even in my opinion, a wedding is too hasty." "I didn't ask you for your opinion, Charlotte. I'm here to see Oliver, not you. And why won't you give her a chance? Why do you think I don't know better?"

"Because love makes you blind. And I think you're really, really blind right now," Oliver said softly. "What are you trying to tell me?" asked Arwyn with a coldness in his voice that I didn't know from him.

"Well, compared to your former girlfriends, Charly in particular, your fiancée is rather.... unremarkable and rather... average.", Oliver said quietly.

"Are you fucking serious?" asked Arwyn quietly and I felt his body suddenly radiate immense heat, "I introduce you to the woman who instantly mesmerized me, who I want to marry and have children with and you tell me through the grapevine that you think she looks ugly and boring?" "Wyn, I didn't call her ugly."

"You didn't say it, but I know you. Or at least I thought I did. Because I thought my best friend would support me now that I'm finally happy with a really wonderful and beautiful woman. But good, then at least I know who I won't be seeing in the spring." "Are you serious? You don't want me at your wedding?" "Not just there. I never want to see you again."

"You're completely bonkers, dude." "No, Oliver. I'm just being consistent. I will not tolerate you insulting the woman I love. When you got together with Charlotte, I kept my mouth shut too, and believe me, I would have had plenty to say. But hey, at least my fiancée's pussy doesn't look like a battered turkey sandwich," Arwyn said with a smile and pushed me off him to stand up.

He held my hand and lovingly pulled me along with him for a few metres while he trembled with rage. And a little later, without warning, he toppled backwards. Without thinking, I jumped behind him and tried to catch him, but we both went down. Something inside me cracked rather loudly, while he still landed on top of me, so at least my physical effort was rewarded.