71st Chapter - Biscuits

"Well, I'll just grab your bike and fill up the supply gap," Reza suggested.

"Don't you want to bake with us?" asked Garreth, putting on a sad puppy-dog look. "Not necessarily.", Reza replied, laughing a little ashamedly. As she turned away, Garreth grabbed her by the waist and pulled her towards him, "But I want you to participate.", he whispered softly in her ear.

I found it really enchanting to watch Garreth and Reza. Everything was so beautifully easy with Garreth and me because we just knew each other so well, but Garreth's interaction with Reza was different. So loving and careful. Garreth loved us all, even if Arwyn of course only platonically after the realisation that they were both half-siblings, but even so, his behaviour with Reza always impressed me in a positive way.

Sebastian treated us all the same. He just always behaved like Sebastian, and that was a good thing.

Still, I thought it was nice to see this new side to Garreth. That of a leading partner. Garreth and I walked side by side for 12 years and knew exactly who made what move and when. But with Reza, Garreth went half a step ahead, and kept pulling Reza a step ahead. And he did it incredibly lovingly. Of course he could be harder during sex, but in everyday life he always tried to be a little bit ahead of her to protect her.

Suddenly the two of them rushed outside hand in hand, and I knew for sure that they were enjoying some time together before they left.

Apparently the others were aware of this too, at least Gwen looked rather embarrassed. Then Arwyn laughed, took my hand and booted with me towards the big hallway too, when we heard Yvain laughing, "And there you were always blaming Gary's impulses on me. Henny's the same way. They get that from you." he said quietly, but loud enough for everyone to understand. Gwen blushed and punched her husband on the upper arm while Arwyn turned back around,  "It's all good, I just wanted to see how you guys reacted." he said laughing and pulled me after my dad towards the kitchen.

After my dad had prepared the doughs with Ian, we gathered the minors back in the castle and started rolling out a huge pastry path together. We didn't have many cookie cutters, so we gave the children the cutters while we big kids and adults used glasses and cups for cutting. 

Sebastian and Anne swiped two cutters from the children at the first opportunity and seemed to have the time of their lives, while Ominis was more reserved, enjoying Anne and Sebastian's happy but slightly off-key singing.

Gwen seemed to enjoy catching up on such childish things with Arwyn, while my dad, Yvain and Ian rushed back and forth between the kitchen and the dough track with the trays.

Garreth and Reza returned not a second too soon with couverture and ingredients for icings, so they were able to cut out the rest of the dough while we got everything ready for decorating.

In the evening, Edvin and Ian were already cooking dinner while we were decorating the biscuits, when my mum suddenly stood in front of us with four gift bags.

"One bag for Reza, one for Arwyn, one for Anne and one for Ominis." she said, handing one bag each to the aforementioned.

It was time for the official initiation ritual in the Lewis family. Anne looked sceptically at the Prydudd siblings, while Ominis just turned bright red.

Arwyn looked at me a little irritated, but just as he was about to reach into his bag, Anne started laughing so loudly that she choked on her own spit.

"It's horrible." she said laughing, "So horrible, it's pretty great."

Now Arwyn was getting curious, but again loud laughter, but in this case from Reza, who was holding a blue Sailor Moon jumper in front of her body.

Arwyn unwrapped his jumper, and held a black and yellow Nirvana jumper in his hand, which he put on without hesitation.