49th Chapter - Permission

"Your house? You bought this mansion?" asked Mum, her mouth agape. "Yes, I moved here from Bristol in April to be with Caelie. And I wanted a house big enough for all of us straight away." "That must have cost a fortune." "No, actually less than I got for a three-room flat in the best district of Edinburgh." "You deal with property?"

"Not directly. I got a big inheritance a few years ago, which included a lot of property, and I actually just let that go on. I don't like to deal with that sort of thing myself, but I'd just sold another property." "Are your parents celebrities or something?" "No, but my dad was the previous Duke of Durham," Arwyn said quietly as my parents stopped, "What?" "Yeah. Before I was, my dad was the Duke of Durham." "You're the Duke of Durham?" Dad asked again with his mouth open as Arwyn nodded in embarrassment.

"No wonder you've got such a stick up your arse," my dad laughed heartily. "No, it's for another reason," Arwyn said quietly, turning bright red again. "Which one?" asked Mum, looking a little irritated as Arwyn suddenly collapsed again. Dad quickly grabbed him under the arms and held him up.

"Does he often have fainting spells?" "Whenever he's too stressed, or emotionally overwhelmed," Rhys said, unlocking the front door before walking into the garden with the two children.

"But what stresses him out?" "I can't tell you that, he has to do it himself." "Are you pregnant after all, Caelie?" "No.", I laughed and sat down on the sofa with Arwyn, who was just waking up again.

My dad sat down next to him and looked piercingly at Arwyn, who was bright red again.

"What's on your mind?" my dad asked. "I want to marry Caelie," Arwyn replied quietly, "And I want your permission." "Don't you have to get Garreth and Sebastian's permission first?" asked Mum, a little irritated.

"We agree," Sebastian and Garreth said at the same time. "I want your blessing on this. I know we don't know each other, but this is really important to me." "Caelie, do you want it?" "Sure." 

"Then you have our blessing. When do you want it to happen?" "Next spring." "Are you celebrating here?" "No, I wanted us to celebrate at my house at Lumley Castle. There's plenty of room for everyone there. Since that will make Caelie a Duchess, I think there will be a lot of people there."

"So, how do you do that on a day-to-day basis?" "I was actually going to discuss that with the three boys. But Garreth, Sebastian, would you agree to move in here with the cats then?" "Sure. As long as my three little babies can come with me, I'm in," Garreth said happily.

"Yes, I agree. And our daily routine will stay the same as it is now. We always spend our time as a group anyway," Sebastian added.

Now Arwyn stood up, and walked out of the living room. A moment later he came back and knelt in front of me.

"I don't think I need to say that much now, after all, I tell and show you every day that you are everything to me. But now that I can make it quite official, at least a few sentences simply belong.

You are a really special young woman. You immediately charmed me and didn't let me go. I couldn't stop thinking about you and I am more than grateful to Sebastian and Garreth for accepting and supporting our love for each other. And I am very happy that I have found what I was looking for my whole youth and the first years as an adult after all. My greatest wish was always to find my perfect match and with you this wish has now come true. And I thank you for that.

As a thank you for making my life perfect, I also want to make you perfectly happy, because you deserve nothing less than the best. And I'm sure everyone else present right now agrees with me on that. You are a special person, Caelie. A special woman. And I want to be able to call you my wife.