13th Chapter - Colleagues

"I am also sorry that I have such problems. And sharing that with you is also really hard for me. That's probably about the most undominant thing ever," Sebastian continued to say rather quietly.

Suddenly he jumped up. "FUCK! We have to go!", he said loudly and put on his pants. Sure enough, it was 6:50pm and Garreth should have already been at work.

"I've been drinking. I can't drive like this," Garreth said, embarrassed. "Then call work and take sick leave for the day," Sebastian instructed, "We really have to go now. You can stay here if you like. Have a good time, love to see you later!"

We hurried on the house and walked quickly, but not running, towards our work. On the way, Sebastian's phone rang and he told Nancy we'd be right there.

Nancy wasn't angry with us. Sure, it was rude to be late, but you could tell she was happy for Sebastian.

Shortly after we started our shift, however, she got into an argument with one of the security people who wanted to quit, which was rather inconvenient as there were fewer security people on Sunday anyway.

Now Sebastian had to fill in and I had to take care of the bar and waitressing at the same time, as Betty had the day off.

It was quite busy and I was getting a bit desperate until Garreth came through the door, took Sebastian's place and Sebastian hurried back behind the counter.

Garreth grinned at me, obviously wearing one of Sebastian's shirts. "Did you write to him?", I asked, laughing slightly. "Yeah. Around here, it doesn't matter so much that we've been drinking. As long as he stands there and looks a little intimidating, it's enough." "He doesn't look intimidating though," I laughed as I looked to him standing there, cute as ever, grinning.

"I know, but he doesn't know anything about mixing, so he can't take my position. And as soon as someone argues with him, well, I can punch them in the face." "I can handle that myself," Garreth said, joining us.

When Nancy had time, she came forward and thanked him profusely. "If you want, you can take the job. You just have to get rid of that cute smile. If Betty sees it, you're going to get shagged," Nancy said with a laugh.

Garreth blushed as Sebastian said a "No way, he's mine!" to Nancy. "Ours," I corrected. "No, mine. And you should be happy and grateful that I'm sharing him with you." he laughed, and again the corners of his mouth turned into cute little wrinkles.

"I haven't seen him this happy in a long time," Nancy said to me quietly, putting her arm around me, "But I totally understand. You three are really cute together."

"But are you serious? About the job?", Garreth questioned. "Yes, the job has been vacant since now." "Will I get as much money as Caelie?" "Yes, but probably no tips." "Yeah, I don't care. Still brings in twice as much. I'll do it." said Garreth, before hesitating a little. "Daddy, will you let me?"

We all had to stifle a loud laugh so as not to disturb the guests. When Sebastian got himself under control again, he smiled at Nancy, "I'll allow him to work here." while he continued to try to suppress his loud laughter himself.

"Cool, after the shift I'll draw up your employment contract. I'm guessing you have the same amount of time as Sebastian and Caelie?" "Yeah. I'm studying too." "Psychology, too?" "No. Chemistry." "Oh, a natural scientist. Clever chaps you've chosen there, my dear." she said to me before grabbing one of the guests and pulling him behind her.

"It's all right, this guy likes it that way," Sebastian said to Garreth, who looked a little irritated at Nancy.

"We're not the odd ones here, are we?" said Garreth cheerfully. "You're only saying that because you don't know yet what I'm going to do with you.", Sebastian replied with a smile and took care of his glasses again, while Garreth went back to the door and tried to look as serious as possible.