55th Chapter - Fire

"I'm sorry that you see me like this," Arwyn murmured softly. "Don't apologise. I like the real Arwyn. I don't just like him. I love him.", I said, resting my head against his chest.

"But Caelie, what if I become like my father someday too?" "You won't." "How would you know? It's in my blood, isn't it? And I've treated so many women so badly." "But not me." "You're always good to me. What if that changes and I become just like my father? What if I hurt you? Seriously beat you, or rape you?" "You won't." "What makes you so sure of that?"

"You're not your father. You don't make yourself a mystery. We talk to each other openly. And besides, your character seems quite different after all. Your father was strict. You are not strict." "Not to you." "But that's exactly the point. You might treat other people like that, though I doubt it myself, but you couldn't treat me like that under any circumstances. I know that."

"Let's just hope you're right," Arwyn murmured, hugging my head even tighter, "I love you more than any other person in this world. I don't want to hurt you. You deserve only the best and only my best. But instead I stand here and cry. I'm sorry, but I'm kind of a sissy."

"That's bullshit. You've heard so many horrible things today. It would be unhealthy if you didn't have to cry. And I love you with all your character traits." "You're just way too good, Caelie," he said, taking my hand.

He took my hand and guided it to his face.

"You are such an enrichment to my life.", he whispered and kissed my engagement ring before placing a kiss on my forehead, "If I ever treat you badly, then please, shoot me. I don't want to become like that." "And where would I get a gun?" "There's one under the driver's seat in the car. For self-defence. The windows in the car are bulletproof too." "Life as a duke sounds dangerous." "It can be, actually. My dad almost got robbed several times. But he also drove show-off cars. That's another reason I have a more inconspicuous car."

I put my hands on his angular cheeks and pulled him to me for another kiss. Over and over we kissed. With his thumb, Arwyn pulled my lower jaw down a little to open my mouth. He let the tip of his thumb slide over my lower lip and watched me intently.

"Have I ever told you how outrageously good you look when I take you?" he asked me softly, placing a kiss on my forehead as he continued to smile at me. I had to laugh a little due to this sudden question as Arwyn blushed significantly, "I'm serious. You really do look particularly good while you're being fucked."

Suddenly the door opened and Garreth gave us an amused look. "Did I miss something?" he asked, unzipping his trousers.

"Well, sort of. We were just having a bit of a fumble," Arwyn said with a laugh. Garreth looked a little disappointed for a moment before grinning back at us. "Tonight then, I'd say," Garreth laughed, zipping up his trousers again.

"Take your fiddle with you, you might have to play something for us later," Garreth said and went outside.

Arwyn put his viola in the sturdy looking case and fixed his hair before going downstairs.

Meanwhile Dad had come home, and smiled at us, "So Gwen is back to normal. Very good. I've missed evenings with Yvain, beer and football quite a bit." "Has Garreth told you yet that we've been invited to a barbecue today?" "Yes, and I'm very excited about it," Dad said and sat down on the sofa.

We joined them and just before 6pm we headed off to the Weasleys.

"Edvin, Fayette, I know my behaviour was unforgivable, but still I want to apologise to you," Gwen said as she greeted us, "What have you got there?" she asked Arwyn when she saw Arwyn's viola case. "A viola, Garreth said I would have to play something for you later." "He's absolutely right about that too," Gwen laughed.