33rd Chapter - Brothers

What, Rhys is Arwyn's brother? He fucked his brother?, I asked myself, catching my mouth open as Arwyn and Rhys both looked at me bright red.

"Dear family, this is Caelie Lewis. I met her at the start of the holidays and just had to invite her here. And sorry again, Paul. I didn't know she'd freak out like that." "It's all good. Seems like everything worked out well," Paul replied, and I could tell from his voice that he was the driver.

"Nice to meet you, Caelie. I've never seen Arwyn so excited to meet a lady," Rachel said with a laugh.

Arwyn pointed to a chair that was next to the one at the head of the row of tables. I sat down on the small towel that was lying on the chair. The staff seemed to be really well prepared for Arwyn's naked guests.

Several trolleys with various dishes were brought to us.

"Hello Ian, did you get everything from the list?" inquired Arwyn, "Yes sir." "I'm glad to hear it. This is Caelie by the way." "Good evening, my lady." the middle-aged man said, nodding politely at me.

"My lord, my lady, do you have a request for the first sushi roll?" asked Ian, looking at each of us for a brief moment. I shook my head, simply overwhelmed with the situation.

"In the kitchen we still have rolls prepared for frying. We fry these as needed, so don't be shy about asking for it, my lady," Ian said, smiling genuinely kindly at me.

"I think perhaps we should have gone for something simpler for today. Caelie seems a little overwhelmed." said Arwyn, laughing a little.

"My lord, if you'd like, I'll cook something else." "No, nonsense. Just put everything on the table. I'll do the rest. And I'd have fried sushi, please," Arwyn said kindly.

Ian put all the plates of uncut rolls on the table, and pushed the trolleys aside.

"Sorry Caelie, I was just trying to please you. I didn't think you'd be overwhelmed with it," Arwyn laughed, embarrassed, and gave me a little kiss on the back of my hand. "It's all good. I think it's very sweet. You've put a lot of thought into this." "That you recognise that reassures me very much. But all right, I'll cut today."

Arwyn gradually cut the rolls into five pieces. They were now considerably larger and more crookedly cut than usual, but I just thought it was so cute the way he was trying. After a few minutes, Ian came out of the kitchen again.

"We also have the deep-fried rolls there. Enjoy it," he said, putting a plate on the table and leaving.

"Irish tuna and Scottish salmon. Swimming in the Atlantic until this morning," Arwyn said proudly and handed me more pieces.

The food was really more than fantastic, but every time I looked at Arwyn or Rhys and realised they were brothers, I was really a little disturbed. But how could I not have guessed? They both have this unusual dark hair and grey eyes. Now that I knew, it made perfect sense, but somehow it was still unexpected.

Arwyn noticed my uncertain look and seemed very embarrassed. He put a hand on my thigh and stroked me with his thumb.

After the hearty meal, Arwyn took my hand and led me into his bedroom.

"I'm sorry. I hadn't thought to tell you," he began, sitting down on his bed. "Even if you had told me, it still wouldn't have changed anything. You're fucking with your brother." "With my half-brother." "But why? You're incredibly handsome and you could have any woman you want. Why are you fucking your brother?"

"Because it's his way of paying his debt," Arwyn said quietly, running three fingers over his large scars.

"He did that?" "Yes. With a garden hoe. He tried to kill me." "Why?" "Why do you think a little brother with no official title would try to kill his brother, the future duke?" he said, throwing me a dishonest smile.