63rd Chapter - Remote

Holiday? Garreth took my hand and pulled me closer to Arwyn.

"Seb and I had the brilliant idea of giving Arwyn a holiday for his birthday." "But because we're pretty broke, Rhys paid for everything," Sebastian added, "Where is he anyway?"

"At home, he was just cooking dinner for you. So let's go, the suitcases are already in the car. Our flight leaves in three hours. We'll only be gone until Monday. And Seb will send you anything you miss. I packed your laptop. And mine, because I can't avoid studying a bit, at least when you're asleep."

"Nancy knows about it, of course, and Rhys will take your shift for you," Garreth said, pulling me over to the passenger seat.

"And we're flying?" "Yes, Caelie. I preferred that to you driving," Sebastian said, a little embarrassed.

"Where are we going?" "You'll see then. Come on, I want to eat with you before the flight. I have trouble eating above the clouds."

Absolutely overwhelmed, I got in the car. Arwyn did too and handed me his pack of cigarettes so I could take one.

"Well then, take good care of yourselves, and bring us some nice things," Sebastian said cheerfully, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

I said goodbye to both of them and off we went.

It wasn't a long drive to the airport in Inverness, so we arrived promptly and took a seat in a lounge that seemed to be for rich people only. Despite it being half past 2 in the morning, it was unexpectedly busy, but we sat in a quiet corner and ordered some food.

We both ate together while Arwyn kept looking at me and tapping his foot.

After eating, we sat down on a sofa and snuggled together until I slowly fell asleep.

When I woke up, Arwyn was still sitting next to me, but we were somewhere else.I blinked a few times and looked around in confusion.

"Oh, you're awake again. It was quite difficult to get you in here," Arwyn laughed and gave me a kiss on my hair, "But I'm not annoyed, the longer you'll have to wait to find out where we're going. Go back to sleep. We'll be leaving soon," Arwyn said softly, taking my hand.

"How long are we flying for, anyway?" "Three hours, if I remember correctly." "I'm very curious to see what the three of them have come up with." "So am I. Because I don't know everything either. All I know is when the flights leave, that Rhys lent me a motorbike with my passport, which is parked at the hotel, and that I'm supposed to call a taxi for the ride to the hotel because of the luggage." "So we're going to drive through some town, somewhere in Europe, on a motorbike? That sounds pretty cool." "It is! I'm really excited. Almost like when I was waiting for you to arrive in January. Paul called me and told me he was going back now and that's when I fainted from nervousness. But luckily I was sitting on my bed. That's where I landed softly."

"I think before the wedding you should take sedatives." "Yeah, you're probably right." "It's only six months away." "Oh God, you're right," Arwyn said, sounding almost shocked.

"It's going to be a wonderful day." "I'll do my utmost to make it the best day of your life. I promise.", Arwyn said and hooked our little fingers together before handing me a pair of headphones and he leaned his head against mine.

We both apparently fell asleep with one headphone snuggled against the other, because when I woke up again, Arwyn was still snoring softly as people walked past us with their hand luggage.

I straightened up and stretched. Arwyn looked quite tired, and needed a moment longer to wake up properly.

A short time later he got up, took our carry-on luggage and went outside.