60th Chapter - Promise

After Arwyn had finished his piece of music and Ominis and Anne slowly got up again, I jumped up and ran to Arwyn.

"I just couldn't stand it without you anymore," he said, sounding slightly ashamed. "Weren't you only gone for three days?" "Yes, but now that we'd spent the last two months together day after day, even three days is a long time," Arwyn continued, pulling me to him for a kiss before making his way to our little seating area.

"I'm sorry to have disturbed you at such an important moment," Arwyn said softly, also sounding honestly embarrassed, "I'm Arwyn, by the way."

"Ah, the Duke." "That's me." "You look less uncool than I would have thought," Anne said with a grin. "You're Sebastian's sister, right? You have the same mean grin he has when he teases me." "You let my brother stomp on your head?" "Yeah, I don't have a choice." "Yes, you do. Grab him by the ear and twist it. If you do it hard enough, he'll start crying," Anne said dryly, which made Sebastian blush hard, and Arwyn laugh out loud.

"May I help you both up?" asked Arwyn further, first pulling Anne to her feet before helping Ominis, who was now still lying in the grass, up.

"I'm really sorry. I forgot you were here today." "Wait, Anne hasn't answered yet," I whispered to him as he blushed even more.

"And Anne, would you grant me this wish?" asked Ominis as they both sat back on the bench.

"Of course, Ominis. You know I want to marry you, but may I make two requests?" "Sure." said Ominis, looking rather puzzled.

"I want Seb's blessing for our wedding." "I already gave it to Ominis," Sebastian interjected directly. Anne smiled broadly at Sebastian, "Good, then I have only one request. Let's wait until my hair has grown back a bit, please. I don't want to get married with such an ugly plastic wig and that's something I don't want to do with a bald head either," Anne said, wiping tears from the corners of her eyes.

"I understand and respect that," Ominis said, kissing Anne. "It's enough for me to know that one day, in the not too distant future, you will be my wife."

We continued to drink and everything continued to be very relaxed.

"Did you really miss me that much, or were you just bored?" "I really missed you. You should know me by now. I'm clingy.", Arwyn laughed and pressed me to him.

"How long will it actually take for your hair to grow back?", Garreth asked Anne. "Hmm, until it's at a reasonable length certainly two years. Unless I have to go through chemotherapy again. Then they'll fall out again." "And you want to wait that long?"

"Well, it has little to do with 'want', but I want the wedding photos to be nice. And those cheap plastic wigs look awful." "What about a human hair wig?" "Is way too expensive. On top of all the other costs for the wedding, it's just way too much. Even though we're certainly not having a big celebration because neither of us have much of a family, but a nice dress is expensive too."

"If you had a real hair wig, would you wear it?" asked Arwyn. "Yes. Just as long as I didn't look like a Barbie with plastic hair." "Then show me what you want it to look like and I'll have one made. As an apology for bursting into the proposal, so to speak. Besides, if two people have found each other and love each other, then when they want to get married, they shouldn't wait unnecessarily long."

"Do you have the slightest idea how expensive these things are?" asked Anne, looking at Arwyn in genuine horror.

Arwyn said nothing, but just sipped his gin while his thumb continuously stroked the back of my hand.