Chapter 85 - Spectacle Begins

Author's note; Extra chapter today! Next update will be in August! See you soon.

Draco couldn't help but burst into laughter; this was not how he expected Nate to be told but it was better than he had imagined. From the way Nate's jaw tensed and his hand were squeezed into a fist, Draco knew that these were facts he wished to have known sooner and it was only intensifying the hate that had already started to creep throughout his body.

Melle went quiet for a few minutes again, thinking of anything comforting that could make this moment a bit easier for Nate. However, she realized there wasn't any—nothing of this was easy. If anything, this was probably the hardest truths Nate would ever experience in his lifetime. As for Dante, he wanted the entire conversation to end, but being already on his father's bad side, there was no way he was picking a fight. Besides, he was certain Nate wouldn't follow through with what his father would ask him to do.

"She was my mother all along." Nate finally broke the silence, his shaky breaths exhaling those words with no strength behind it.

Melle slowly nodded her head. "She was just lost from what she went through, but she was a good person Nate."

"Why didn't she tell me?" Nate's building anger was directed to Melle and Draco relished every second of it. He hadn't stopped smiling since she revealed what he had been waiting to hear.

"Maybe she was too afraid, but I continuously told her to tell you." After a gulp, her eyes still leaking with tears and her bottom lip quivering, she added, "She was never meant to be a mother, just thrown into that situation at fifteen, you must understand."

"She lied about her age too then, so I wouldn't suspect anything."

There was a short pause. "Yes."

"What happened next?" Jake asked from behind Nate, stepping towards them with a confused look. "It doesn't end there. There must be a reason why you know all of his kids in such an amicable way."

All eyes returned to Melle, even Draco waiting beside her with his arms crossed. Although Dante wanted to take Nate as far as possible from any of them, he also needed to hear the truth about Melle's involvement with them. The story didn't end there, but it was evident this chapter was one she didn't want to bring up.

But she was too afraid of Draco to resist.

"I never had the chance to escape." The memories of her attempting to rush up a set of staircases, before coming across locked metallic doors that could only be breached by someone with a code. She decided to stay hidden at the side of the door, hoping that whoever came inside didn't look behind the door, and she could take those few seconds to flee.

That was what she had hoped would happen.

Except, when the door opened and hid her entire physique behind a shadow, she saw the first few men continue towards the staircase without realizing her presence. However, it was the last man—no, a tyrant—that immediately peaked behind the door, his bright peculiar golden eyes widening with excitement when he realized a shirtless woman was there defenceless.

"Oh?" He had lengthy unnatural canines, his wicked smile showing them. "What do we have here?"

"King found me with you, Nate. He said he liked me since my survival instincts were 'appealing'." Her tone had shifted when she repeated his words, as if it had been an excuse he had whenever he maltreated whoever he wanted. "Said I'd be of good use to him and brought me back to his base. He had brought other people too, but he took a liking to me. The minute I arrived to the base, they took you away from me."

She remembered when that happened; she was thrown in the middle of a chamber and random woman approached her, teared Nate away from her resisting arms and began fixing her appearance. They forced her to bathe, shaved her entire body, applied lotion, body oil, makeup—anything to appear aesthetically pleasing. They even curled her hair to style it into a bun, found a beautiful long dress and heels that matched, before directing her to a room.